Jewel of the Seas in November

We are fairly new to the Royal caribbean family we have sailed 2x on the Mariner of the Seas, in fact we just got off 6/3/07. We are really thinking that we are going to book a cruise on Jewel of the Seas for November. We have never done a RCL ship this size, before Mariner we mostly did Princess in this size. We are probably going to put together a group of all adults ages 43 to 55 for a get a break from the kids week. Do you all think this will be a good ship for that or should we keep looking. Thanks for your help in our decission process. If anyone has pictures that I could show to everyone let me know the link please so I can share them with the other members of my group to help convince them to go:) ;)

countdown.pl?name=LivetoCruise412&date=5-27-2007&image=vfin&text=Mariner Here We Come&ship=Mariner of the Seas

We are mid 40's, elite on princess and platinum on RCCL and we love the Radiance class ships. I feel they have a bit more energy than many Princess ships and have very much enjoyed them.

These are the areas I enjoy on the Radiance class ships.

The Solarium pool area (Tropical, great atmosphere)

Specialty restaurants (Chops & Portofino)

Openness of the ships to the outside. Very light and open

Glass elevators up the outside of the ship

Grand soaring atrium in center of the ship

Aft Outdoor seating at the Windjammer

Snacks in the afternoon & evening at the Seaview Cafe

The Colony Club (great feeling room with lots of warm wood details)

Not all the amenities of the Voyager ship (ice skating, inline skate track...) but most of the ones that adults use.

We're in our early 50s and love the Jewel for all the reasons CAcruzfanatic stated. Plus the crew is wonderful! The itinerary is quite nice, too.

I have a Jewel album that I will post to webshots in a little while. We cruised just after Thanksgiving as they were decorating her for Christmas, and she was even prettier when they did that! For a general idea of Radiance class ships, you can click on my Radiance, Brilliance or Serenade albums, although they're more geared toward specific cabins. Check back tomorrow for some Jewel pics.

The Jewel is the sister ship of the Brilliance, and I was on that ship on a transatlantic. Love the ship, and I am in my early sixties. The only complaint I had was that the lunch buffet sucked and the the sit down lunch menu was practically the same each day. But then I found out about the Seaview Restaurant, it was great. Ate lunch there every day there after.

I will be going on the Jewel in September on European cruise, looking forward to it. Now the dieting begins, I have loose mucho pounds in order to fit into my tux.

Jewel is a perfect ship--enjoyed her in January on the 6 day& wil be back next Jan as well for the 8 day! Your adult group will have a great time...there's a nice club, lots of places to hang out & just a bright feel to it!

Do not mis CHOPS & Portofino..

Archived