HAL captains and cruise directors

Smoky

Is there a compilation of who the current HAL captains and cruise directors are??

If not perhaps we can piece together one on this thread.

We sail on the Statendam on July 29 for a BTB. Jan Smit was the captain along the way as well as Mauritz Gruithuis. Peter van Maurick was on the Ryndam in March. He has also been the Captain on the Statendam.

I think Copper is compliling such a list and I am sure he will appreciate this information. Look for his active thread on this board. Given so many of the more senior management sail 3 months on and 3 months off, it's a game of musical chairs.

I think Copper is compliling such a list and I am sure he will appreciate this information. Look for his active thread on this board. Given so many of the more senior management sail 3 months on and 3 months off, it's a game of musical chairs.

Yep, still working on that list but it'll never be complete and/or up-to-date because it is constantly changing. The captains are probably the easiest because they work three months on and three months off. However, they go through periods where they change ships also. Hotel managers tend to work/be assigned to ships for longer time periods than the captains. Lots of changes there also. As for the cruise directors, all rules are out the window. They constantly change.

As for Statendam, she has been Captain Frans Consen's ship for several months now (he had Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrryndam before - no "R's" in Statendam:( ). Peter Bos and Wieger "Charley" van der Zee both had Statendam but I'm sure one (or both) are now elsewhere. Robert Versteeg had been Statendam's hotel manager and David Martin (most recently in May) and one of the best C/D's on the seas, Susan Wood (April 07), have been her cruise directors.

I'll post that list in the future when I have more updates specifically for Zuiderdam's current captains and who's taking over Oosterdam for Jonathan Mercer (Eurodam) and Olav van der Waard (believe going to Rotterdam). There are also three brand new captains: Henrik "Rik" Krombeen (Rotterdam), Harm Jan Arnold (unk) and Jeroen Baaiens (unk)

Do you know which ship Robert Versteeg is on now? We sailed with him on Statendam last year and he was remarkable during a luggage slowdown by dockworkers.......would love to cruise with him again.

Thanks

Do you know which ship Robert Versteeg is on now? We sailed with him on Statendam last year and he was remarkable during a luggage slowdown by dockworkers.......would love to cruise with him again.

Thanks

Not 100% sure but I believe he's still on Statendam

On our Statendam cruise from Sydney to Osaka, March 2-April 6, we had both captains, Peter Bos and Frans Consen. Captain Consen relieved Captain Bos in Hong Kong on March 22nd, so he is likely to be aboard the Statendam for a while still. Both are wonderful individuals. Consen dramatically rooooollllls hisn R's to the delight of all. Even the dining room stewards were mimicing him! We had Robert Versteeg and Susan throughoutthe cruise.

The first picture shows Captain Bos welcoming passengers back from a tour to Borobudor. The second, Captain Consen on the bridge while departing Singapore.

On the recent World -and 2 other cruises on the Amsterdam 2005 Pac Rim and Baltic+ Crossing a year ago - We had Edward Van Zaane [ with his LOVELY wife Apollonia] Captain Van Zaane is a marvelous Captain and we thoroughly enjoy both of THEM. I think the Amsterdam rotation schedule is 4 months on and 4 off, but I'm not sure.

One comment he made at dinner one night was about some new software in their computers which allows them to better [ and earlier] predict the weather. I had complimented him on the TOTALLY calm weather we had for the World. We had [ count 'em] ONE day of wind/rough seas and that was at the western end of the Mediterranean that forced us to skip Gibraltor. "Now we can go around many areas where the weather is bad" ...

Anne

Copper and everyone else. The crew biographies have been loaded to

http://www.wa70.com/hal/staff.html

If you will send me the list as it is, I will make up a page with ship names and links to the current crew. If people will send me names as they get back from their cruises, I will keep it updated.

Rich

Great job richwmn: thanks so much for getting it all in place for us. I really appreciate your hard work.

Valerie:)

who's taking over Oosterdam for Jonathan Mercer (Eurodam) and Olav van der Waard (believe going to Rotterdam).

John, Captain Mercer will be one of the two captains assigned to Eurodam? I think that Capt. van der Waard will be the captain on our sailing aboard Oosterdam on 9/1/07

John, Captain Mercer will be one of the two captains assigned to Eurodam? I think that Capt. van der Waard will be the captain on our sailing aboard Oosterdam on 9/1/07

Thanks Frank - Someone else thought "van der Hottie":rolleyes: was leaving Oosterdam to go to Rotterdam.

Jeroen van Donselaar and Jonathan Mercer will be Eurodam's first two captains

Nice job, Rich!:)

Thanks Frank - Someone else thought "van der Hottie":rolleyes: was leaving Oosterdam to go to Rotterdam.

Thanks, John.

If you or anyone else has something to add, it can be sent to me and I will add it as soon as I can

Rich

John, last email I had from Mr. Deering said that he thought that Capt. van der Waard would be aboard and the HM would be his friend Douglas Hernandez. That may have changed, anyone goign on Oosterdam in the next month or so may be able to ask James personally, I think he leaves for vacation either in July or August.

Archived