CB Princess Vista Suite D736 or D737

Scotty1

We had D736 on the Crown Princess this past trip. Personally, if you're going to go up to a suite, pay the little bit extra and get the premium suite. It is a bit larger and worth the little bit extra.

On the Crown D736 does have a bar going through the front of the balcony. A751 on the Caribbean Princess (category PS) did NOT.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

We have a chance to upgrade from a mini-suite to the vista suite you were in. Do you get a lot of sun with the balcony being covered? We enjoy spending time on our balcony and getting a sun tan.

Thanks-Jim

We have stayed in both D736 and D737 and they are some of our favorites. You won't find a quieter place since they are at the end of the hallway and the view of the wake is always nice. Even with the support beam the balcony is very large and we have hosted the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 8 with no problems. However you will not get sun on these balconies since they are completely covered.

Mike:D

We stayed in D737 earlier this year. I'm afraid the suite experience spoiled us. :) If you like privacy, this is perfect. The wake of the ship was cool to watch and the balcony is huge. It was also nice that we backed into port at St. Martin so we could sit on the balcony and observe the town. As far as sun/shade..we often had both at the same time. If we wanted sun we would just pull the loungers or chairs closer to the railings.

Have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

We just booked D736 on the CB for next summer.

Any photo's of the suite would be appreciated!!!!

This is our first Princess cruise (we are HAL sailers) so looking forward to this sailing! A few qustions if I could - is the thermal suite included - meaning complimentary for suite passengers? and wht is the deal with the free mini bar set-up? and last but not least priority preferred seating? we are a party of four traveling with another family of 3 - so because we are in a suite we would receive priority seating reservations?

thanks all....

Bob

Bob,

Just go to the spa on the first day and get your sticker for the thermal suite. Tell them you are in whatever name of the suite. They'll get you fixed up. Just make sure you do NOT let them charge you for this as it is part of your suite.

As far as the dinner reservations, we had problem on the CB getting "preferred" reservations for a group of 8. Fortunatly, one of the junior pursers finally helped me get it resolved, but I didn't have much luck using this perk. I suggest you just make reservations in advance through regular channels.

The mini-bar setup will have a variety of liquors (rum, gin, etc.), plus cokes, beer, and sparkling/spring water. Anything you don't care for can be switched out. Just ask your steward.

Attached are a few pictures of D736 on the Crown:

IMG_0192.jpg.47c4276f01e34fbbe9313d451a33c631.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg.3fe8ebfad3d314941495b543072e3950.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg.67d661ea9f5729908a2c50d5cb08ee19.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg.58321a0082e781e2167ca1f39ff79cbe.jpg

Bath1.jpg.72ffc01403404fc97073829e476a5008.jpg

Hello everyone!

We just booked D736 on the CB for next summer.

Any photo's of the suite would be appreciated!!!!

This is our first Princess cruise (we are HAL sailers) so looking forward to this sailing! A few qustions if I could - is the thermal suite included - meaning complimentary for suite passengers? and wht is the deal with the free mini bar set-up? and last but not least priority preferred seating? we are a party of four traveling with another family of 3 - so because we are in a suite we would receive priority seating reservations?

thanks all....

Bob

We had D-737 on the Golden P a few months ago. It was our second time

in a full suite. Truthfully, I don't feel it's worth the extra money and

we are now going back to a regular cabin.

The location was wonderful if you like privacy and the balcony was

enormous. But forget about the priorty reservations. Someone

posted a link recently about priority suite dining reservations and

just about all of us said the same thing, no one got "priority" anything:eek:

In fact, I had the hardest time getting ANY kind of reservation.

Out of seven Princess cruises, this last time in the suite was the

worst situation to try to dine. It really all depends on which ship and

who's running the dining rooms. yOu can also just reserve a table

for your party for the whole week. Make sure you do that on the first

night though.

It will be bumpier in the back of the ship, but other than that, the

suite experience is nice, but it's not the be-all end-all on Princess. You

really don't get extra special attention or anything like you do on Celebrity.

• 4 weeks later...

What it is is an exhaust vent for the A/C system. It blows constantly. It's like the noise from the wake, it's always there and you get used to it very quickly because it's white noise, but people should be aware. We were in that exact cabin on CB.

I don't think the vent or the beams are a huge issue, but if I had to choose one over the other I'd take the beam.

Thank you so much for the pictures of both the cabin and the veranda of Golden's D736. We just booked this suite today for the Christmas/ New Year's Hawaii cruise for '08. After seeing the pictures and showing them to DH, we are sooooo excited and it is soooo far away.....:eek:

Pam

We have D736 booked on the Emerald for next summer...if is anything like the crown or golden, then the "beam" is MUCH less of an issue than I thought it would be...

Thanks for posting the pictures!

You have plenty of area besides the corner with the beam. As a matter of fact we hosted the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on our balcony for 8 people and everyone had a great evening.

We could have used another restroom after all the cocktails.:D

Mike:)

I was curious about this VS D736 compared to the one right below it on the Emerald deck. It just looked like on the deck plans that the VS on the Dolphin deck had a bigger( deeper) than the VS on the deck below-Emerald. Does anyone know if this is actually true or is that just a deceiving drawing on the plans??

Again, thanks so much for the pictures of this suite on the Golden. It is wonderful to see pictures of the ACTUAL room that we will be in in Dec.'08.:D I've saved them to my favorites.

Pam

I hadn't even thought about the Vista Lounge being below the Emerald deck. Glad that we are not there then. I think we'll be just great on the Dolphin deck and I don't see the beam on the veranda as a problem at all. Like your idea of using it to block the sun when needed.:)

Thanks all for the info and pictures. It all adds to the anticipation of this cruise that right now seems sooooo very far away.

Pam

• 1 year later...
We are booked for D738 on the Sapphire in March. Has anyone had this cabin? How did you like it? LPT:confused:

If this cabin is anything like the Vista Suite that we just had on the Golden Princess to Hawaii over the holidays, you are in for a special treat! We spent two weeks in D736 and it was heaven, pure heaven. The suite has ample room, huge bath with a jacuzzi, comes with all the suite amenities and a large balcony with the view of the aft to "die for". Get prepared to be spoiled in a big way!!:D:D