Live from the Elation

jbhcw

Wow 18 cruises! Can you adopt me ?;) But your right, alot of negative comments about that ship, glad you were able to quelch alot of them. Like you say, right frame of mind, and everything in perspective.

Since there has been such controversy re this ship and San Diego I just wanted to come on line and tell everyone that our 06-11 cruise has been great so far:)

Ship is in good shape, crew is great, haven't seen any nasty bathrooms and no sewer spells yet:)

There are a lot of kids of board but there is a diverse mix of passengers and have encountered no packs of teenagers roaming the halls. Have noticed security out and about.

Seas have been smooth (to me) and the food has been as usual, good to very good.

I think anyone who takes this cruise will not be disappointed if you cruise in the right frame of mind:)

One thing that happened that has never happened to me in 18 cruises, I had one bottle of wine consficated going through security yesterday am!!! I had three and they said only two, sooooo gave them the cheapest bottle and told them to enjoy it:D

Back home after a long, long day on planes, and they lost a piece of my luggage:(

Debarkation went very smoothly, we had VIP and we were off the ship a little after 8:30. One thing that is different though, you don't get on and off on Deck 7, they just have a gang plank and you have to go down to deck 4 to get off. It was a little crowded and congested but it moved fairly quickly.

It was a beautiful day in San Diego yesterday for all the 06-16 cruisers leaving.

I will try to get some sort of review going this coming week, it's back to work for me tomorrow:eek:

Thanks for your info....would like to know about the capers and the Crusie Director I sail June 30, what's with the comments about negative stuff? I've never had a bad cruise despite some bad circumstanses, it's what you make it, right!

Stewart from Australia was the CD,he was pretty good. I have the capers so if anyone wants any specific info let me know. Southwest lost one of my bags:eek: Sooooo still waiting for it to get here.

The Elation is probably my favorite Fantasy class ship. Sailing out of San Diego was so cool. Go and enjoy and keep an open mind, I had a great cruise, as I always do:)

I do think folks from the west coast might dress down just a tiny bit from the east coast, but hey, who cares:D

Archived