Car Service from La Guardia - What time?

We are getting ready to reserve with a car service for our transportation from LGA to our hotel, and I'm trying to figure out what time I should reserve it for. Our plane is scheduled to arrive at 2:00. How much time should I factor in for collecting our baggage and such? I don't want to end up paying for wait time, so I'd like to try to schedule this for when we *should* be actually ready to hop in the car.

Any input is greatly appreciated. :)

I would call the car company first to see what information they need on your arrival. Some car companies will meet you at the baggage claim. Others will meet you outside. But if you tell them what time you are landing and tht you have to pick up your checked luggage they can take it from there. Also, bring along the telephone number of the car company with you so that if you have any problems finding the driver you can call them.

Again, they will confirm where you should meet.

Keith

Have no fear, you give the car company your flight information and they check the status of the flight. They will know if the flight is delayed so you have nothing to worry about. I use Carmel and I call them after I pick up my luggage, then they meet me outside. Other car companies meet you inside and help you get your luggage, but they might charge extra for wait time.

Thanks for the information. We are also going to be using Carmel. So, I guess I don't need to worry about charges for wait times as long as they have the flight number? :confused:

Carmel asks for your flight number so they can check the flight status. They don't pick you up in the airport. After you get your bags, you call them. The driver is in the area. They tell you where to wait for them and within 5 to 10 minutes they are there. Of course they just hold up a Carmel sign so someone has to walk up to every Carmel driver and ask if it's your car. It's sound like a pain but it's not, it works fine.

Archived