Do you really understand the Guest Conduct Policy aka 'The RULES'?

The last time I attended, the Cruise Director (or assistant) explained what it was like and left it to the discretion of the parents whether to let their children attend.

not mine, it said in bold print in the cruise compass "adults only"...our CD even made a reference to one girl who was playing in that "that's the youngest looking 18 year old i have ever seen" said with a puzzled sarcasm when she tried to participate

not mine, it said in bold print in the cruise compass "adults only"...our CD even made a reference to one girl who was playing in that "that's the youngest looking 18 year old i have ever seen" said with a puzzled sarcasm when she tried to participate

And what did the CD do about it?

Did he say to the girl "I am sorry young lady you have to be 18 to play this game." ?

obviously not because she did in fact play the game .

Yes I certainly do beliebe the parents need to be responcible for their children and to follow the Adults only rule.

But also the cruiselines need to enforce it also. When they see a 14 yr old girl playing or even going into the showroom , someone needs to advise the child or the parents this is an adults only show. If this is a rule they intend to take seriously.

The legal age to buy cigarettes is 18, a good parent should have long ago talked to their child about smoking being no good. Even having done that , you knwo there will still be kids who will try it, and some who will buy them.

My DD is 15, now say she goes to the store and asks the man for a pack of cigarettes. Should the man behind the counter just sell them to her and say "hey its not my job to patrol someone elses kid"? NO!!!!!! its a law and he has to card the child and not sell them to her is she doesn't have proper ID.

We're not allowed to say! You'll have to wait until your next cruise to find out ;) (or use the dreaded search function - you're not the first to ask the question)

Terri you're cruel! LOL:D

I remember having the same question and being upset that no one would tell me.

Ok, is it fair to say that it's an adult themed game that is better not to know what it is exactly because it would ruin the game?...

I searched enough to know that if I go I didn't want to know what some people try to find out so that they can come "prepared" for it. I'd rather be surprised. :)

When did you cruise? Could this be a resent change? Perhaps because half the people thought it was to their own discretion and the other half thought adults only and complained? Maybe RCI finally decided to make it specific.

Actually I thought that the Solarium was adults only just the age is 16 and up not 18.

i just mean in general, it's usually 18 and over.....the bottom line is, if someone used the poor judgement they did to bring a 14 year old to the quest when it says "adults only" they at least should have the courtesy to not allow the kid to participate....a 14 year old has no business participating in a game where women are removing their bras, men r removing their pants, people are demonstrating their favorite sexual positions, etc.

Terri you're cruel! LOL:D

I remember having the same question and being upset that no one would tell me.

Ok, is it fair to say that it's an adult themed game that is better not to know what it is exactly because it would ruin the game?...

I searched enough to know that if I go I didn't want to know what some people try to find out so that they can come "prepared" for it. I'd rather be surprised. :)

LOL, We can also probably say in some cases it can get pretty wild, and in some cases you may want to avert your eyes! :eek: (but you never can, can you??) :D

Yep, saw her. IMHO, her presence was inappropriate. My guess was she was 14 years old at the most. I felt a bit uncomfortable with her there. After many enjoyable Quests I was aware that nothing too "adult" happens. This was Donsonny and his bride's first Quest and I understand why they were shocked at a 14 year old at an adult venue. I've read about the lap dance Quest on these boards and that's what made me uncomfortable....the not knowing what could happen.

Oops...I forgot about the favorite positions part....

i just mean in general, it's usually 18 and over.....the bottom line is, if someone used the poor judgement they did to bring a 14 year old to the quest when it says "adults only" they at least should have the courtesy to not allow the kid to participate....a 14 year old has no business participating in a game where women are removing their bras, men r removing their pants, people are demonstrating their favorite sexual positions, etc.

oh dear, so much for the "code of silence" :eek: ;)

we cruised may 11-may21 explorer of the seas eastern carribbean....it was one of the best times of our lives......and i may remind some people that this whole conversation started with a thread asking u what annoyed u on your recent cruises...mine was simply that a child was participating in the quest when it said adults only....i also said some guy dressed like a thug during the captain's ball....so this is all relative, it's still a great time and i cant wait to cruise again....but the bottom line is, it annoyed me and several other people that this 14 year old girl was participating in the quest adult game show

we cruised may 11-may21 explorer of the seas eastern carribbean....it was one of the best times of our lives......and i may remind some people that this whole conversation started with a thread asking u what annoyed u on your recent cruises...mine was simply that a child was participating in the quest when it said adults only....i also said some guy dressed like a thug during the captain's ball....so this is all relative, it's still a great time and i cant wait to cruise again....but the bottom line is, it annoyed me and several other people that this 14 year old girl was participating in the quest adult game show

I was just curious if she admitted to being 14? I only ask because My sister looks very young and when she was in her early 20's happily married and pregnant she had people making negative comments to her on a daily bases because she was pregnant and they assumed she was only 14 or 15. It was so bad that she didn't want to go anywhere for awhile because some people were so mean and she is very shy. I had to defend her quite a few times. And it wasn't pretty:mad: I am not very confrontational but nobody makes my sister cry! Except maybe me.;)

It sounds like the game has gotten much more risque since I last saw it a few months ago. Maybe RCI decided to make it 18 and up so that they could purposely make it more risque? Favorite sexual positions is definately not something that ever came up in past Quest's that I have been to.

There is no one right way to raise a child. Some parents believe being open about human sexuality issues with a 14 year old is not only appropriate but healthy.

I was just curious if she admitted to being 14? I only ask because My sister looks very young and when she was in her early 20's happily married and pregnant she had people making negative comments to her on a daily bases because she was pregnant and they assumed she was only 14 or 15. It was so bad that she didn't want to go anywhere for awhile because some people were so mean and she is very shy. I had to defend her quite a few times. And it wasn't pretty:mad: I am not very confrontational but nobody makes my sister cry! Except maybe me.;)

TRUST ME, she was a kid.

On our 2nd cruise, we took our dd (16 at the time) and a friend and it was held in one of the lounges and kids were allowed and it didn't get out of hand...asked for bra and things like but nothing too risque'...but on the VOS in 2005 (CD asked parents to have the kids leave), it was not something I would want my dd to see...or want to have under 18 year old kids there...men ended up half naked with bra, high heels and in compromising positions and not at all the fun game we did years before. In September we went with our dd (23 at the time) and it was adult in content but nothing like the VOS...I think the CD has a lot to do with the content and how risque' it gets...

rsscaptain, I agree with you that I don't like to do things in front of kids that tells them something is ok that is not...and I would have left if there were kids in the quest on VOS

Kids are impressionable...they are the future of our country, we need to raise them with respect for themselves and others...not following rules has consequences everywhere but on a cruiseship?

On our 2nd cruise, we took our dd (16 at the time) and a friend and it was held in one of the lounges and kids were allowed and it didn't get out of hand...asked for bra and things like but nothing too risque'...but on the VOS in 2005 (CD asked parents to have the kids leave), it was not something I would want my dd to see...or want to have under 18 year old kids there...men ended up half naked with bra, high heels and in compromising positions and not at all the fun game we did years before. In September we went with our dd (23 at the time) and it was adult in content but nothing like the VOS...I think the CD has a lot to do with the content and how risque' it gets...

rsscaptain, I agree with you that I don't like to do things in front of kids that tells them something is ok that is not...and I would have left if there were kids in the quest on VOS

Kids are impressionable...they are the future of our country, we need to raise them with respect for themselves and others...not following rules has consequences everywhere but on a cruiseship?

I agree! Good points.

All of these policies (as stated in my original posting) are in place so that EVERYONE on the cruise can have a fun and enjoyable time without discomfort caused by others. My point in all this is to have people think about what the policies are and think about what they say before they say it. Remember, you have agreed to the policies when deciding to sail on this cruise line and they should be followed by all cruisers, including you.

I'll get down from my soapbox now. Let me know what you think.

Do you feel the policies are fair? Do you feel the ships need to do a better job at enforcing the policies? Do you think that people who BLATANTLY break the policies should be dealt with in a public manner in order to show other passengers the ship means business and intends to the same of other policy breakers?

I know people complain, but my hope is that they complain about policies which are broken, not perceived issues about policy. As well as getting people to think about if they were on the other end of the policy which they decided to break instead of thinking that it is my vacation and the policies don't apply to them.

Do you feel the policies are fair? Do you feel the ships need to do a better job at enforcing the policies? Do you think that people who BLATANTLY break the policies should be dealt with in a public manner in order to show other passengers the ship means business and intends to the same of other policy breakers?

I know people complain, but my hope is that they complain about policies which are broken, not perceived issues about policy. As well as getting people to think about if they were on the other end of the policy which they decided to break instead of thinking that it is my vacation and the policies don't apply to them.

Yes, policies should be enforced. Even the ones "I" don't like! ;)

Gee, do I have to babysit my 20 year old daughter on this cruise? :confused:

Luckily for me my kids, which range in age from 20-24, have no desire to participate in Quest because they think it is juvenile. :D

My Compass forAOS states that the Quest is “Recommended for Adults Only” which would make me think that the staff would not force a 14 year old to leave.

Now for the real topic of this thread: I think that rules that are published and/or posted should be enforced the same way laws are enforced in society. I have no problem with people being “carded” when they enter an area that is for a certain age group. 6.gif

Gee, do I have to babysit my 20 year old daughter on this cruise? :confused:

Luckily for me my kids, which range in age from 20-24, have no desire to participate in Quest because they think it is juvenile. :D

My Compass forAOS states that the Quest is “Recommended for Adults Only” which would make me think that the staff would not force a 14 year old to leave.

Now for the real topic of this thread: I think that rules that are published and/or posted should be enforced the same way laws are enforced in society. I have no problem with people being “carded” when they enter an area that is for a certain age group. 6.gif

Yes, in society when I see a yeild or stop sign, I yeild or stop. There isn't always an official there to "police us" I guess they think that when you have a licence and learn the rules of the road that we don't need to have a cop at every stop sign.

Last month somebody on the board Firefighterhoop was kicked off ever sailing on RCL again because of violating the rules. he never came back on the board. At least he never came back under that name, maybe he changed names.

Last month somebody on the board Firefighterhoop was kicked off ever sailing on RCL again because of violating the rules. he never came back on the board. At least he never came back under that name, maybe he changed names.

Actually, he just posted yesterday.

And, he swears he didn't break any rules. He and RCCL came to terms and he was able to cruise again. We weren't allowed to know what happened.

Archived