Passports....

I called today for dd we mailed the app on 2/07, internet says 7-10 more days. We sail on 7/15 If I do not get it my the first week of July I will go and get another birthcertificate for her, she is 13, and it takes about 7 days to receive it in the mail.

I called today for dd we mailed the app on 2/07, internet says 7-10 more days. We sail on 7/15 If I do not get it my the first week of July I will go and get another birthcertificate for her, she is 13, and it takes about 7 days to receive it in the mail.

Just get the extra bc now as she will need it for college anyway. Good thing to have for whatever situation arises.

I've been wondering if they ever give you more information than "processing" like "shipped". Mine has been "processing" for weeks...I am giving it until the end of the month, and then sending for a new birth certificate...and of course, then, I will probably get both in the mail on the same day. LOL

I sent for an expedited marriage license in case I have to prove the name change…been married 28 years!

I have all the other docs in case the passports don’t make it. Went sent for renewals (before they expired) at the end of February right after we booked the cruise. Still waiting.

Someone said the website does show when they are mailed with a tracking number. I don’t know if that happens for all of them. :confused:

What is the typical wait for a passport now? We booked a cruise a couple of days ago for Feb 2008. My passport does not expire until April but the TA told us that the passport has to be in effect 6 months prior and 6 months after the cruise. Has anyone heard of this? I am going to renew next week, but I am loosing several months on the passport due to the 6 months thing. I figured I better start the process now, 8 months out, after reading the posts and newspaper accounts of long waits for passports, but again, this will take 9 months off of my old passport/.

I did not know your passport has to be valid 6 months after sailing! My passport expires in October and we are sailing next Saturday. RCCL's websited does not say anything about this. Uh oh, should I be worried? Too late now to do anything about it....should I bring my birth certificate just in case? Help!:confused:

2cruisenow= I would definetly check it out and be prepared but I think this ruling is for trips starting in 2008. She told me that I wouldnt even need a passport this yr, that my driver license and birth cert. would be fine but our cruise is in 2008. I am confused as to why my passport needs to be renewed before a feb cruise and doesnt expire until April.

Got my passport in the mail yesterday, priority. Checked the internet and it said "processing". Checked internet today and it said mailed ...and that I should receive it by 06/20. It took 16 weeks.

I received my passport Thurs, one day short of 14 weeks- it came from Charleston, SC, not Little Rock or Houston which are both much closer to my home-my husband sent his in a week after mine- wondering when his will arrive- not booking a cruise til we have both passports in hand!

Archived