Pre Cruise Hotel

dptt

Recommendations might depend on when you are arriving.

If arriving at LAX in the evening, I would just stay in a hotel near the airport and then head to San Pedro the next morning. But if you are arriving early enough to try and see some sights then I would suggest staying in Long Beach which is about Long Beach is about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic, from San Pedro where Princess sails from. There are also some hotels in San Pedro.

You might check out the West Coast Departures section for some suggestions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

we booked a fly and sail package at the crowne plaza

just minutes from the pier the package was 229.00 per couple, and it included a bottle a wine and breakfast,

with transportation to hotel, to port and from port to airport after cruise.

we had a group, so i called and made sure we had a van for all pickups (primetime shuttle)

it worked out great.

good luck, and have a great cruise

linda

Have you considered booking a hotel thru Princess?

We did when we cruised to Hawaii in 2006, and stayed at the Airport Marriott at LAX for under $70 per person night. That included the transfer to the pier, which makes it very easy. We also stayed the night after the cruise, so we had the transfer from the pier back to the hotel. That is a very nice hotel, by the way, with 3 restaurants inside it.

We felt this to be such a great deal that we are doing the same thing when we sail this November and again next March. The price is still under $70 pp/pn.

we too are booked at the crowne plaza.. had thought about staying at the airport, but I would rather wake up the next morning & see some of the ships in port.. also found out there is a little shop within walking distance to go pick up our alcohol to take onboard .. and I believe there is a mexican restaurant nearby that we plan on visiting for dinner before the cruise.. fyi.. we are on the golden princess ...

• 3 weeks later...
Have you considered booking a hotel thru Princess?

We did when we cruised to Hawaii in 2006, and stayed at the Airport Marriott at LAX for under $70 per person night. That included the transfer to the pier, which makes it very easy. We also stayed the night after the cruise, so we had the transfer from the pier back to the hotel. That is a very nice hotel, by the way, with 3 restaurants inside it.

We felt this to be such a great deal that we are doing the same thing when we sail this November and again next March. The price is still under $70 pp/pn.

we also are staying at the LAX MARRIOTT for three days pre and one day post for our 4/16/08 DIAMOND PRINCESS cruise. will we be able to find things to do near and around the hotel?? don`t want to rent a car. I hear that you can pre register at the hotel and when you arrive at the ship you board much faster. anything you have to tell us will be GREATLY appreciated..tks

butch & muriel

Not much around the airport hotels. We stayed at the airport Marriott the night before leaving for our honeymoon in 1995. By the time we decided to get room service, there was just a minimal menu left (like Buffalo wings and fruit). They did have a continental breakfast.

Archived