What is your most FAVORITE thing to do...

smashley

I like to wake up and get a start on the exercise just before sunrise. Something about a hour on the track and then a slow descent to the lido deck for a couple of glasses of pineapple juice.

Then, grab a table in the outside areas near the casual dining area and people watch as breakfast is being served.

You get to watch people that forgot to pack a comb, chairhogs, kids in tow, couples like us that are up early every morning...

The area around the pool morphs from a quiet area to the center of activity by 9:30 am each morning at sea.

For me, that is the signal to head to the showers and a quality nap.

Do I sound like my dad? Naps, people watching? What next, a social life spaced between The Price Is Right and Wheel of Fortune?

I enjoy the dining room (and I know a lot of folks -- I'm a schoolteacher, who can wolf down a meal in under 15 minutes! -- who will be surprised at this), and the multi-course meals at dinner.

I suspect that 90% of cruise passengers NEVER sit down to a fine-dining meal (and that includes me!) unless onboard. I select something from every course, even if nothing particularly inspires. Why not? I already paid for it, and the dinners alone almost account for the cost of the entire cruise if you buy them locally. Think about it! And when serenditipity strikes, and you find yourself with every course harmonious, tablemates who appeal, and no check at the end -- well, gosh, what else could be better?!

while cruising?? You can only pick one thing! :p Thought this would be a fun thread.

Great question! I had to really think about that one. We're both early bird risers. The best thing is grabbing a hot cup of coffee, sitting in our bathing suits on the aft lido deck and watching the sunrise.

BnB

I love the feeling I get when I leave work the last day before I leave - knowing that the next week belongs to me and my family - and just everything we have to look forward to over the next week or so. Lots of sun, sand, dod's, and just being on "island time" :)

I don't have a favorite thing, but my DH and I love to get away from the pool activity and go inside to the hot tub in the gym/spa area. We bring our books and relax and go in and out of the hot tub as we please. Have even napped in there!

Whatever activity that involves spending time w/my family. (DH, DD, Mom, Dad, Sister, BIL, neice, and nephew.)

Now I see 4 dogs on 1 bed and big brown on coach. Sorry couldn't resist!

Don't know my favorite thing. First Cruise coming up!! WooHoo!:D

Christy

Whatever activity that involves spending time w/my family. (DH, DD, Mom, Dad, Sister, BIL, neice, and nephew.)

FTLOG...your twins are back, LOL?:D

Watching the movie "Click" over and over again in the room.

yes...i suddenly feel like i'm watching that movie too, LOL.:p

I enjoy the dining room (and I know a lot of folks -- I'm a schoolteacher, who can wolf down a meal in under 15 minutes! -- who will be surprised at this), and the multi-course meals at dinner.

I suspect that 90% of cruise passengers NEVER sit down to a fine-dining meal (and that includes me!) unless onboard. I select something from every course, even if nothing particularly inspires. Why not? I already paid for it, and the dinners alone almost account for the cost of the entire cruise if you buy them locally. Think about it! And when serenditipity strikes, and you find yourself with every course harmonious, tablemates who appeal, and no check at the end -- well, gosh, what else could be better?!

Hands down, sitting on my balcony reading or just listening to the ocean. I didn't have a balcony on my last cruise, and I was lost!

Archived