Journey to Bermuda 2008

cruzadict

I received my new Celebrity brochure yesterday for January 2008 to March 2009 and guess what? They show the Journey itinerary for May 2008 to October 2008 as being 7 night cruises to Bermuda!! I wonder have Azamara altered their train of thought or is this another of their boo boos.

Marilyn UK

Celebrity Journey?? LOL.. There's no such ship.

The Azamara Journey will be in Europe in 08.

Brochures are sent out to be printed months and months in advance. Many times they are just useless.

Celebrity Journey?? LOL.. There's no such ship.

The Azamara Journey will be in Europe in 08.

Brochures are sent out to be printed months and months in advance. Many times they are just useless.

I think that this is just another example of the amateurish way Azamara was rolled out, & evidence that it was truly an afterthought.

Celebrity's brochures are notoriously late in coming out & even then often outdated when they do. We were on Crown Princess last year & their future cruise department had hundreds of brochures for each region. On Celebrity you get a some Royal Caribbean brochures, some old Celebrity brochures, & the banace are stapled pages of what look to be mimeographed copies of flyers for each region. It really is an embarrassment.

I think that this is just another example of the amateurish way Azamara was rolled out, & evidence that it was truly an afterthought.

Celebrity's brochures are notoriously late in coming out & even then often outdated when they do. We were on Crown Princess last year & their future cruise department had hundreds of brochures for each region. On Celebrity you get a some Royal Caribbean brochures, some old Celebrity brochures, & the banace are stapled pages of what look to be mimeographed copies of flyers for each region. It really is an embarrassment.

Hi Rich !

I understand what you are saying, but for most of the Major Cruiselines, I find all their brouchures to be way out of date by the time they get into our hands. I suppose with the wealth of information on the internet, they assume that most of their passengers are getting their information on the 'net, and they pay less attention to their brochures.

I agree with you, that they should do a much better job of it. However, the real answer might be that the lead times are simply too much for them to ever get it right.

I understand what you are saying, but for most of the Major Cruiselines, I find all their brouchures to be way out of date by the time they get into our hands. I suppose with the wealth of information on the internet, they assume that most of their passengers are getting their information on the 'net, and they pay less attention to their brochures.

Good morning Andy! You're right! There is so much info available on the net that the brochures are kind of behind the curve, but I still enjoy browsing through them! I guess my point is more that Celebrity came off as more unprofessional than Princess in an area (future cruise sails) where they should be putting their best foot forward. Kind of like going to a trade show & seeing a professionally done display booth next to one with cheap carpeting & a salesman with a wrinkled suit!

Regards

Good morning Andy! You're right! There is so much info available on the net that the brochures are kind of behind the curve, but I still enjoy browsing through them! I guess my point is more that Celebrity came off as more unprofessional than Princess in an area (future cruise sails) where they should be putting their best foot forward. Kind of like going to a trade show & seeing a professionally done display booth next to one with cheap carpeting & a salesman with a wrinkled suit!

Regards

Hi Rich !

I know what you mean. When I was on Constellation late last year, I saw the same problems. The brochures were nice, but very dated. They had photocopied inserts with the brochures. Yes, it was not professional at all... but to make matters worse, the photocopies were TOTALLY unreadable, as the copy machine they used, was in severe need of repair or replacement. When I asked the Future Cruise consultant about it, she said "oh, that machine hasnt worked right in ages". So, why bother with the printouts ? :)

It would be nice if Celebrity would improve with timely material, especially onboard, as you may be in the market to book another Cruise on the spot.

Andy,

The internet has certainly changed the life cycle for printed material. But, with the launch of a new cruise line, AZAMARA should have been able to generate something for potential customers to review, regardless of how short the life span of the literature. Specifically, many of their target audience may not have ready access to the internet; utilize the public library or some other means to go on line; it is not always practical to have a laptop to carry around and many more are of an age that they may not be comfortable using "technology" in place of a brochure.

It intrigues me that in the absence of brochures, AZAMARA has not updated the website with photos from the ship. One would expect that after more than 5-6 cruises, they would be able to upload shots from dining rooms, public areas and featured suites to entice cruisers to select this new venture.

Also, they still reference consumers to CELEBRITY for pricing, itineraries, and booking, so it is easy to understand some of the perception of AZAMARA as something akin to CELEBRITY +.

Having pre-booked on CELEBRITY JOURNEY, we are grateful for posters at this site for their diligence in sharing photos from their experience on board. Perhaps the cruise line could be as forthcoming.

It is in our best interest for AZAMARA to be successful and provide more choice for the cruising consumer. A few enticing publicity shots from the new ship can't be that difficult to insert on the website.

Rick

Celebrity (or Azamara) won't be cruising to Bermuda next year. I wanted to do a family cruise for my son's graduation.

The options for a cruise to Bermuda are so limited, if you ask me the 5 day RCL cruise is WORTHLESS (who wants to only spend a day and a half in Bermuda?), and I won't cruise NCL so....I really wish HAL or Princess or Regent would get back into the Bermuda cruise game, it's such a great port! :(

Celebrity (or Azamara) won't be cruising to Bermuda next year. I wanted to do a family cruise for my son's graduation.

The options for a cruise to Bermuda are so limited, if you ask me the 5 day RCL cruise is WORTHLESS (who wants to only spend a day and a half in Bermuda?), and I won't cruise NCL so....I really wish HAL or Princess or Regent would get back into the Bermuda cruise game, it's such a great port! :(

I would sail NCL to Bermuda but not the scheduled Dawn cruises in 2008. She docks only at King's Wharf and spends an extra sea day out of New York which means one less day in Bermuda. Not too inviting.

Archived