Library On Navigator

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a good selection of books in Navigator's library? Also do you get to hire them as you would a normal library & get to take them to your room/swimming pool etc?

Might sound sad but we'll need to watch our luggage weights so it would save me taking a load of books with me. :)

Cheers.

Lorraine.

I would take at least 1 good book that you know you will like. The libraries are not that well-stocked. You MIGHT find something good, but no guarantees! And yes, should you find something to interest you, you just sign it out.

Just off the Navigator....there is a box that you return your books to. I am not sure of the content of the library as we did not borrow a book but it seemed to have a lot of books and was well frequented. A super view over the Royal Promenade too..... hope this helps.:D

The selection is often geared more towards classics than current best sellers or popular authors. You borrow the books on the honor system, signing them out in a log book, and returning them in a box.

Most ships have a book exchange shelf or two where people leave books they've brought along, finished reading, and don't want to lug home again. You can usually find something good there!

BTW - if you plan to leave books anywhere, check out www.bookcrossing.com (bookcrossing n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise.) You tag the books with a tracking number and then the finder can anonymously log in and tell you where he/she found the book. I learned about this site here, and have been an active bookcrosser ever since!

My hubby checked out at least 3 books when we were on the NOS in April. I would suggest going to the Library as soon as you board!

I usually take several books with me. On our last cruise I ran out of reading material and went to the library to see if I could find something to tide me over until the end of the cruise. There wasn't much left. I agree, if you don't plan to bring your own books along go to the library first thing.

I also leave my paperbacks behind for the next cruise.

d

Thanks for the info everyone. I plan on bringing a couple of books but hate having nothing to read while on holiday. I suppose if I can't get anything from the Library I can always buy something when we stop at ports. :)

Archived