Will I see Whales?!

Wirral Girlie

My boyfriend and I will be on NCL Star Mexican Riviera Cruise on 7th October. What do you think our chances of seing any whales will be? We live near Liverpool in the UK and the nearest we ever get to seeing whales is by visiting Wales itself!!:)

I have done 15 Mexican Rivieras cruises. Whale watching season is usually in late winter into the spring. Except for one Panama Canal cruise, I have always taken the cruises from January to April. They sell whale watching tours that time of year. (I never took one) In all those cruises, I have seen one or two whales, and they were always far away. So unless you sail during their season, and happen to be on deck at the right time, do not count on it. You will see porpoises.

My boyfriend and I will be on NCL Star Mexican Riviera Cruise on 7th October. What do you think our chances of seing any whales will be? We live near Liverpool in the UK and the nearest we ever get to seeing whales is by visiting Wales itself!!:)

I am afraid you are sailing too early in the whale season.

By the end of November you can spot them sometimes from the ship. Tours for whale-watch in Mexico always start at December 15 till end of March.

Archived