How do you ifnd out about conventions/groups on your cruise?

There has to be an easy way to find this info out? does anyone know? for some of us, finding out about a big convention or large group on your cruise before you go can make a difference in booking that particular sailing....if you type in a date on google sometimes you can find out, but is there another way with more info? If anyone knows, please respond, thanks.

Roofingprincess....I would suggest you look as I found out about a group sailing on my cruise that I didn't care for, so have rebooked another date...

Cruise cat...thats a great link. I just found out about another group on a cruise I was thinking of booking, so now I will re-considerider....again!....Thank YOU!

I guess if it wasn't for having to pay even more as a single cruiser and desperately needing the quiet R&R, to some of us this is important....

Thanks for responding.

Also from reading the boards, you get names of big groups that sail annually. I usually check their websites too. We sailed on a 1/2 ship charter and it took away from the fun of the cruise as they had their own entertainment and we did not get to see the regular shows.

On the other hand, we've been on ships with incentive groups that had about 100-200 cabins and it did not seem to affect the cruise.

Also from reading the boards, you get names of big groups that sail annually. I usually check their websites too. We sailed on a 1/2 ship charter and it took away from the fun of the cruise as they had their own entertainment and we did not get to see the regular shows.

On the other hand, we've been on ships with incentive groups that had about 100-200 cabins and it did not seem to affect the cruise.

I hope this is not a silly question, but what is an icentive group?:confused: I am booked on Carnival Splendor in Nov of 08. Found out that an incentive group put full deposits down on all the BAL & OV's, partially chartering the ship. Normally, I wouldn't care, but this will be my sister & BIL first cruise. I want them to have a ton of fun so they will continue to cruise w/us.

Could somebody please explain??? Thanks so much!!!

Carmel

I hope this is not a silly question, but what is an icentive group?:confused:

An incentive group is a group from a company that has exceeded certain goals, thereby "winning" a trip. For example, a real estate company sets certain dollar goals for their agents for the year. Any agent that surpasses that goal, gets a cruise. The same can be extended to any other sort of business.

I hope this is not a silly question, but what is an icentive group?:confused: I am booked on Carnival Splendor in Nov of 08. Found out that an incentive group put full deposits down on all the BAL & OV's, partially chartering the ship. Normally, I wouldn't care, but this will be my sister & BIL first cruise. I want them to have a ton of fun so they will continue to cruise w/us.

Could somebody please explain??? Thanks so much!!!

Carmel

That's a pretty big group with all the Bal & OVs booked. The group could be taking over some lounges for private functions. Also check if one of the dinner seatings (ie the one you want) is booked.

On the Jewel in 2006, Suzuki had booked a large amount of balconies on deck 8 but did not seem to have taken as big of a chunk of the ship as the group you are describing. was nat able to find out anything using Google or other means. We only found out that they were on the ship because I talked to one of the couples.

In 2002, we had to change our week on the Explorer and all the balconies were booked so we sailed on Golden Princess. We met some people from Explorer in a cab to Orient Beach (St. Maarten) who were with an auto parts supplier incentive group. There were either 1,000 of them onboard or they had a 1,000 cabins -- can't remember which.

That's a pretty big group with all the Bal & OVs booked.

Sorry, but I didn't explain myself to well. This group put deposits down on all the remaining BAL & OV's. I got my balcony!!!!:p I am sooo glad I booked when I did!!!! Thanks for the replies!!!! You guys are great!!! I love CC!!!

That's a pretty big group with all the Bal & OVs booked.

Sorry, but I didn't explain myself to well. This group put deposits down on all the remaining BAL & OV's. I got my balcony!!!!:p I am sooo glad I booked when I did!!!! Thanks for the replies!!!! You guys are great!!! I love CC!!!

That's pretty different than months and months out -- all the balconies and OVs being gone.

Archived