Seattle airport taxi rates

Love Cruises

Does anyone know how much it would cost for a taxi from the Seattle/Tacoma, WA airport to the Pier 30 cruise ship terminal. We are going on the msNOORDAM in September and would like to compare this price to what HAL charges for their airport transfer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!:) :) :)

The Taxi ride from SEATAC to pier 30 is about $40.00 including the tip. After flying in coach, elbow to elbow, from Norfolk, Virginia via O'Hare it was well worth the price to have a little room to stretch in the back of the cab rather than to be hearded onto a bus whatever the cost HAL charged.

Right now transportation to and from SeaTac is abysmal. Our light rail running to downtown is scheduled to be up and running in late 2009. So for the next three years you have three options:

Metro Bus - It's cheap and inconvenient. They have regular runs coinciding only with business hours, taking you from an obscure part of the airport into downtown seattle. They are also crowded leaving no room for your luggage, much less your feet.

Taxi - they aren't much more expensive than an airport shuttle, except during rush hour, which is the third worst in the nation. A bad traffic day could immensiey increase the cost of your taxi ride.

Private airport shuttle - These shuttles take a little more time to load everyone up than a taxi would, however they are based on a set price, no matter how long it takes to get to or from downtown. They are comfortable with plenty of leg room and in my opinion, as a resident of Seattle, these are you best bet for getting to and from SeaTac International Airport.

Hobbit

Queen Mary 2 - Spring 2006

Staatendam - Fall 2006

As a Seattle resident, I've used Pacific Northwest Towncar to get to and from the airport and downtown. They recently charged $40.00, plus I tipped $10.00, and I think the price is still the same. You call and arrange the time, they picked up, on time, moved the luggage for us, and were very civilized (that last part being rare these days :p ).

Lincoln Towncar - very comfortable, fits 3 or 4, and you can arrange for airport pickup outside the baggage area, or pick you up in downtown Seattle (at the Pier or a hotel).

I don't know if it's allowed to post their phone number, but it's 206-242-9866.

It's not much more than a cab, and worlds more civilized, as befitting a happy cruiser! :)

Seattle has good public bus system too. I am not sure if youc an go from SeaTac to the pier (maybe a local can answer this) but for $1.50 per person you can go from SeaTac to downtown Seattle. I have done this twice and worked out very well. There are two different busses that run from the airport (near where you retrieve checked luggage) to downtown and they make several stops downtown, so if you are going to a hotle, chances are it will get you close. Between the two busses they run about every 15 minutes and one is quicker than the other (one is semi-express to downtown, the other makes quite a few stops along the way).

In order to catch, or get off the buses at SeaTac you have to walk all the way to the end of the passenger terminal. It can be up to a half mile walk depending on which airline you are on.

To get to Pier 30, where HAL docks, you have to walk another half mile out to 1st Avenue.

Bus service on the weekend is spotty.

If you're able to and don't mind doing a fair bit of walking, your luggage is managable by yourself and you are not trying to ride the bus during commuter hours with a mound of luggage on a crowded bus, then yes, you could take the bus.

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/

Hobbit

Queen Mary 2 - Spring 2006

Staatendam - Fall 2006

Seattle Resident

Does anyone know how much it would cost for a taxi from the Seattle/Tacoma, WA airport to the Pier 30 cruise ship terminal. We are going on the msNOORDAM in September and would like to compare this price to what HAL charges for their airport transfer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!:) :) :)

Thank you all so much for all your responses. I knew my fellow cruise critic friends would be a great help.

Archived