Back from the Crown

poly3503

My husband and I returned yesterday. We had absolutely ,one of the finest vacations,ever. We were in an owner's suite - the Tahiti Apartment 1011. Our butler ,Naveen, and concierge, Belkys, were attentive without being overbearing. They seemed to sense when we needed something .

All crew members, with the exception of one, were friendly and helpful.We took advantage of the dine ashore program at the Dockyard.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll post more when I get the opportunity

hey ddoll,

We ate at the Freeport Seafood Restaurant. It was far from fancy,but the food was delicious. There are nine restaurants taking part in the program.

poly

ps- tell Cruella hi :)

My husband and I returned yesterday. We had absolutely ,one of the finest vacations,ever. We were in an owner's suite - the Tahiti Apartment 1011. Our butler ,Naveen, and concierge, Belkys, were attentive without being overbearing. They seemed to sense when we needed something .

All crew members, with the exception of one, were friendly and helpful.We took advantage of the dine ashore program at the Dockyard.

Wow, seeing Naveen and Belkys' names... We were on the Crown the week before you in the Shalimar Apartment - 1006. I miss everything about that wonderful week. Naveen was so pleasant every morning bringing our breakfast, and again in the late afternoon with those wonderful canapes and desserts. And I can't say enough about how nice Belkys is. I may never be the same again;).

I hope NCL continues to sail from Philadelphia. Now that we have had the opportunity to board a cruise ship without having to fly to the port, I want to do it again, and again.

Glad to hear you had a great time too.

Virginia

Virginia, isn't homeport cruising the best thing since sliced bread?:)

My dh would prefer a land vacation but after considering the hassles of airline travel, I was able to convince him to take another cruise. This is our third time cruising to Bermuda on NCL.

Wow, seeing Naveen and Belkys' names... We were on the Crown the week before you in the Shalimar Apartment - 1006. I miss everything about that wonderful week. Naveen was so pleasant every morning bringing our breakfast, and again in the late afternoon with those wonderful canapes and desserts. And I can't say enough about how nice Belkys is. I may never be the same again;).

I hope NCL continues to sail from Philadelphia. Now that we have had the opportunity to board a cruise ship without having to fly to the port, I want to do it again, and again.

Glad to hear you had a great time too.

Virginia

Was there any place to eat that was open 24 hours (besides room service).

I live in the Boston area and saw the Majesty pull away from the dock yesterday. It got me all excited for my Oct Crown cruise.

Nothing besides room service. The Yacht Club has snacks until 1 AM.

Only thing open on boarding was the barbecue at the Cafe Italia. The restaurants opened for dinner at 5:30 PM.

Nothing besides room service. The Yacht Club has snacks until 1 AM.

Only thing open on boarding was the barbecue at the Cafe Italia. The restaurants opened for dinner at 5:30 PM.

That's good to know. Did you happen to notice if there were a lot of desserts at the buffet at night?? On the Majesty I would make a plate of desserts and bring it back to the cabin for later:D

Hi Got2Cruise and Smellytoes -

Got2Cruise - It took us about 30 minutes to drive to the Crown on the 3rd of June. We left home after 12 noon and were onboard before 1 PM and we didn't have to get up before dawn to get to the airport and spend hours waiting to board the plane, going through security and all that entails. I loved it.

Since the Crown has been sold, she will no longer sail from Philly but it appears that the Majesty will have some dates in the fall of 2008 from Philadelphia. Unfortunately Sept. and Oct. are not good months for my DH to take vacations.

Smellytoes - as I recall, only the Yacht Club was open on the Crown for lunch after boarding. By the time we got there most tables were taken. It was raining (the remains of Barry), but we found a table outside near the pool that was under cover. We were so excited about starting our long awaited cruise to Bermuda that nothing was going to put a damper on our enjoyment - and nothing did despite a day of somewhat rough seas on the first full day of cruising. We just rolled with the waves and had a great time. We had perfect weather in Bermuda and were able to travel all over the islands. Lots of good memories.

Happy cruising,

Virginia

Hey poly, did you book any shore excursions through NCL?

Hey ddoll,

we booked the Barrier Reef Snorkle excursion and the Bermuda Triangle Nightlife through NCL. while in Hamilton, we also took a horse and carriage tour ,but on our own. The carriages are lined up under a canopy just outside the terminal. Cost us half the price on our own as opposed to going through NCL for the same tour.

While in St. George, we bought an all day ferry/bus pass. We ferried to King's Wharf and took a wild bus ride back.

Each evening we were in port, there were street festivals right outside of the terminal building.

Oh, and knowing what a fan of karaoke that you are, our cruise director referred to it as scarioke :)

Hey ddoll,

we booked the Barrier Reef Snorkle excursion and the Bermuda Triangle Nightlife through NCL. while in Hamilton, we also took a horse and carriage tour ,but on our own. The carriages are lined up under a canopy just outside the terminal. Cost us half the price on our own as opposed to going through NCL for the same tour.

While in St. George, we bought an all day ferry/bus pass. We ferried to King's Wharf and took a wild bus ride back.

Each evening we were in port, there were street festivals right outside of the terminal building.

Oh, and knowing what a fan of karaoke that you are, our cruise director referred to it as scarioke :)

Thanks poly! How did you like the Barrier Reef snorkel?

Hey...that guy just didn't have a cabaret troupe onboard! :D When we were on a Carnival cruise last summer, we had a huge crowd coming just to hear us...including crew members! ;)

Wow, thats interesting to hear....Wife and I were on the Crown last May 06 and had the exact same butler and concierge..that are wonderful people and we were treated awesome as well

Hey ddoll,

how did you like the bermuda nightlife tour?

how did you like the bermuda nightlife tour?

The Bermuda nightlife excursion took us to the exact same place we had been snorkeling in the morning- same wreck, same barrier reef. Had we known ,we would not have taken this excursion. We saw more sealife in the morning snorkeling.

but, had we not taken the barrier reef snorkel ex. we would have really enjoyed the nightlife ex. The boat has two decks and you sit on the top for the trip out. It was very windy and i wish i'd have had a jacket and hood. Once we reached the destination, we were sent downstairs and the floor boards were raised. We lined up and watched as the boat stopped and the lights were turned on. After a while, we headed back to Hamilton. They served swizzles,water and soft drinks. It was fun, but not something I'd care to do again.

I'm just back today from the Crown as well. I'll post a review in a few days. Agree with Poly, the crew.. as always was fantastic. They were tripping over themselves to be friendly and helpful.

Don't know what Poly means about no place to eat except Italian Restaurant upon boarding? We had lunch in the 7 Seas Restaurant. The Yacht Club Buffet was also open for lunch upon boarding.

Just a few quick comments-- I was on the Crown two years ago and loved it. She had been my favorite ship. I was quite disappointed with this trip, though. (nothing to do with the crew.. more to do with food quality, activities, over-crowding etc.)

Things have gone downhill... maybe because she's being sold? More later.

Hi Surfgirl,

You love the crown like I do... We're going back on in october. I cannot wait to hear about what you mentioned about it going downhill... Please reply with your review ...

I'm just back today from the Crown as well. I'll post a review in a few days. Agree with Poly, the crew.. as always was fantastic. They were tripping over themselves to be friendly and helpful.

Don't know what Poly means about no place to eat except Italian Restaurant upon boarding? We had lunch in the 7 Seas Restaurant. The Yacht Club Buffet was also open for lunch upon boarding.

Just a few quick comments-- I was on the Crown two years ago and loved it. She had been my favorite ship. I was quite disappointed with this trip, though. (nothing to do with the crew.. more to do with food quality, activities, over-crowding etc.)

The only thing open after we boarded ,met our butler and concierge, and were shown around our owner's suite was the bbq. The restaurants had already stopped serving lunch. Dinners were served in each of the restaurants after 5:30.

Archived