Just back, from AOS last night

Hi All, Just Back From Aos Last Night And I Thought I Would Share My Experiene With You.

First Off Embarking From San Juan Is Not As Smooth As It Was From Other Ports, But Once You Gave Them Your Luggage, The Line Went Fairly Smooth.

Our First Day At Sea Was Nice Except When The Captain Announced That There Were A Few People Sick On Board And If You Had Children In The Adventure Program To Come Get Them Now. After Reading Many Threads About The Liberty And The Nora-virus I Was A Little Nervous. But The Crew Sprang Into Action And Started Cleaning Like Crazy. They Were Standing There Giving Out Alcohal Wipes To Everyone Who Was About To Enter The Windjammer And The Dining Room. We Didnt Have A Problem With It, And All There Diligence Seemed To Pay Off, Because There Were No More Reports Of People Getting Sick.

Ok, Our First Port Was Aruba And We Did Jolly Pirates And It Was A Great Time, I Would Highly Recommend Them.

Our Next Port Was Curacao, We End Up Going To Play Porto Mari, And It Was Absolutley Gorgeous. The Only Drawback Is It Cost 10 Dollors Per Person Each Way, But We Loved It And Thought It Was Worth Every Penney. If You Like Gin Clear Water And Like To Snorlel Dont Miss It. This Was Our Favorite, And We Think This Beach Rivals Trunk Bay

St. Maarten Was Next, So We Wanted To Try Zip-lining At Loterie Farm. It Was Alot Of Fun But If You Are Not In Good Shape, Dont Go. I Am 43 And Work Out Regularly And It Was A Challenge.

Our Last Port Was St. Thomas, Again My Family Is Really Into Nice Beaches And Great Snorkeling So We Decided To Go To St. John And Hit Trunk Bay. It Too Was Beautiful, Again The Only Draw Back Was That It Took About An Hour And A Half To Just Get There And Cost A Small Fortune For The Cab Rides And Ferry.

All In All, It Was A Fabulous Cruise And We Had A Great Time.

was the zip-lining through the cruise or an independant company?

We booked it through the cruise, i read a while back that when royal caribbean was in dock you could only book directly through the cruise. but i am not 100 percent sure.

Thanks for the review.

How long did it take to get to Play Porto Mari? Did you have to swim out far for the snorkeling?

How was the entertainment on the ship? Did you see any shows?

It took 20 to 25 minutes to get there, and you didnt have to smim out far. As for the shows, we saw most of them, but our favorites were the ventrailquist act (sorry for the spelling) El Goucho and the ice show.:)

Hi All, Just Back From Aos Last Night And I Thought I Would Share My Experiene With You.

First Off Embarking From San Juan Is Not As Smooth As It Was From Other Ports, But Once You Gave Them Your Luggage, The Line Went Fairly Smooth.

Our First Day At Sea Was Nice Except When The Captain Announced That There Were A Few People Sick On Board And If You Had Children In The Adventure Program To Come Get Them Now. After Reading Many Threads About The Liberty And The Nora-virus I Was A Little Nervous. But The Crew Sprang Into Action And Started Cleaning Like Crazy. They Were Standing There Giving Out Alcohal Wipes To Everyone Who Was About To Enter The Windjammer And The Dining Room. We Didnt Have A Problem With It, And All There Diligence Seemed To Pay Off, Because There Were No More Reports Of People Getting Sick.

Ok, Our First Port Was Aruba And We Did Jolly Pirates And It Was A Great Time, I Would Highly Recommend Them.

Our Next Port Was Curacao, We End Up Going To Play Porto Mari, And It Was Absolutley Gorgeous. The Only Drawback Is It Cost 10 Dollors Per Person Each Way, But We Loved It And Thought It Was Worth Every Penney. If You Like Gin Clear Water And Like To Snorlel Dont Miss It. This Was Our Favorite, And We Think This Beach Rivals Trunk Bay

St. Maarten Was Next, So We Wanted To Try Zip-lining At Loterie Farm. It Was Alot Of Fun But If You Are Not In Good Shape, Dont Go. I Am 43 And Work Out Regularly And It Was A Challenge.

Our Last Port Was St. Thomas, Again My Family Is Really Into Nice Beaches And Great Snorkeling So We Decided To Go To St. John And Hit Trunk Bay. It Too Was Beautiful, Again The Only Draw Back Was That It Took About An Hour And A Half To Just Get There And Cost A Small Fortune For The Cab Rides And Ferry.

All In All, It Was A Fabulous Cruise And We Had A Great Time.

DID THE PUERTO RICAN FAMILY DO U IN

We will be on this same route in May 08, looking forward to sailing from SJ in spite of some of the challenges.....

What cabin did you have? Did you eat in Portofino?

We had cabin 9354 more towards the aft. we really wanted a hump cabin like our last cruise but they were all booked. I will say you could feel the vibration of the motor and we were not even all the way back. Sorry to say we did not eat at Portofino's

Thanks for the review! We will be on this same trip in 7 weeks!

Do you have any pictures that you can share with us?

Thanks!

Just brought the film in to be developed, if i can figure it out i will post some pictures. If you like water dont miss play porto mari, it is just beautiful.

thanks for the review. i will be on the same itinerary Oct. 7th and im def. interested in the zip-lining. hope im in enough shape!

We booked it through the cruise, i read a while back that when royal caribbean was in dock you could only book directly through the cruise. but i am not 100 percent sure.

Did you have 2 formal nights in the dining room and the rest casual, or did you have any smart casual nights as well? Leaving Sunday and trying to figure this out! Thanks :)

Yes, we had 2 formal nights and 1 smart casual and all the rest of the nights were casual and the first night was very casual. Hope you have a great time:)

Rats... the consensus in another thread I started was that they have done away with Smart Casual. And we packed according to that. You don't remember which night that was by any chance?

We are also headed to Playa Porto Mari, so I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Archived