Princess Grill -- Table for Two

taxprofessor

Assuming one is so fortunate as to secure a "two-topper" in the PG, which ones are to be avoided? I expect the tables-for-two next to the windows are the most desirable. But I was curious about the experience others have had with respect to the noise/traffic/service on the others (e.g., near the serving stations....).

Comments very much appreciated.

I do not know what the table numbers are but there are a couple of tables for two stuck in a corner, I think they were right next to the kitchen door, at which I would not like to be placed. We had a table for 4, table number 13, with a nice view out the stern windows. The tables for 2 along the windows are nice and private but the tables for 2 along the wall are not. They are very close together which made a few people uncomfortable; I noticed they moved after the first lunch.

steve

We had a table for four (#9) by a window but near the waiter station, and I should have requested a change immediately. The waiters were constantly clashing silverware together, scraping food off dishes, and otherwise making it totally a less-than-grill experience.

Request table number 7. When I was aboard it was a table for two by the window right in the center of the restaurant. The tables for two in the back are very close together, like a New York French restaurant.

We've just returned from a transatlantic voyage spent very happily on table 27 - next to a serving station. We weren't disturbed at all by its proximity to the serving area, but maybe that's due to the excellence of our waiting team!

To me, the tables to the left of the central walkway as you enter the Grill are much less desirable than those to the right, appearing much more closed in and benefiting less from the natural light.

Thanks so much for these very helpful responses.

It occurred to me, however, that if your table is pre-assigned with the number left in your stateroom. but you are able to change it to a "new and improved" table, wasn't the new table already assigned to another passenger and that number left in that passenger's stateroom? How does this work? Do they leave the more desirable tables unassigned (assuming the voyage isn't fully booked) to accommodate changes once people board?

I would be interested in hearing whether anyone has had the experience of having a desirable table assigned out away from her.

Thanks again!

Assuming one is so fortunate as to secure a "two-topper" in the PG, which ones are to be avoided? I expect the tables-for-two next to the windows are the most desirable. But I was curious about the experience others have had with respect to the noise/traffic/service on the others (e.g., near the serving stations....).

Comments very much appreciated.

window seats in the QM2 PG are plaqued with window shoppers looking in and a long line of joggers running past in sweaty jogging shorts and tee shirts. A bad design in MHO.

The QE2 PG window seats are wonderfull overlooking the waters below the ship

The way I got the table I wanted was with a hefty tip to the maitre d'. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it once you see which tab le you have been assigned. My suggestion is that the first thing you do upon boarding is chgeck the table out physically in the PG and if you are unhappy, talk to the maitre d'.

The way I got the table I wanted was with a hefty tip to the maitre d'. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it once you see which tab le you have been assigned. My suggestion is that the first thing you do upon boarding is chgeck the table out physically in the PG and if you are unhappy, talk to the maitre d'.

I've only once had to speak to a Maitre'D about a table change. I had instant success with nothing more than my winning smile.

You don't have to buy them. They want you to be happy.

Matthew

I've only once had to speak to a Maitre'D about a table change. I had instant success with nothing more than my winning smile.

You don't have to buy them. They want you to be happy.

Matthew

Thank-you, Matthew.

Is your winning smile available for rent?

Archived