Wavepool on the Victory?

barvn

After reading your comments I feel really dumb. I was looking at the photo gallery and saw a picture with the caption of wavepool. And for a second I got excited about that (my kids would love that). Not even thinking that they were just being funny!

Wait a sec, there really are waves going on in the pool and they can be substantial. The kids often find it neat, and they can really push you around, so keep an eye on them if the seas pick up.:cool:

Last year when we sailed on Victory, we ran into the remnants of TS Ernesto on our second sea day. The aft pool stayed open, and there were some pretty good waves going. Not enough to close the pool, but enough that it made for a pretty good wave pool.

Yes, it is right next to the indoor parking garage on deck 3.

BnB

Funny....

Not that I have to explain my posts to you but of course I meant miniature golf. And I saw a picture that someone labeled as wavepool. There are some cruiselines RCCL that do have Surf pools, Iceskating rinks, Mini Golf.

So why the need to be sarcastic????

Funny....

Not that I have to explain my posts to you but of course I meant miniature golf. And I saw a picture that someone labeled as wavepool. There are some cruiselines RCCL that do have Surf pools, Iceskating rinks, Mini Golf.

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone on here. People on here get their kicks from insulting others.

And you are correct . . . there are many lines and ships that have wavepools and other assorted fun activities. Apparently, the Victory does not. At least you got your question answered.

Can't wait to sail tomorrow on her, wavepool or not.

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone on here. People on here get their kicks from insulting others.

And you are correct . . . there are many lines and ships that have wavepools and other assorted fun activities. Apparently, the Victory does not. At least you got your question answered.

Can't wait to sail tomorrow on her, wavepool or not.

Is this your first time crusing on the Victory? Just curious, what type of cabin did you book? We are traveling in November, we needed 2 adjoining rooms so we were not able to get a balcony.

Have a great time!!! Let me know how your trip was!:)

Funny....

Also, if you have thin skin, you might want to refrain from posting very often.

Funny....

Oh you mean those floating indoor malls disguised as cruise ships? That's a reason I don't patronize RCCL.

My sarcasm is directed at ONLY the truly idiotic posts on these boards. Legitimate, innocent questions will always get from me a thumbs up direct answer. Stupid questions deserve sarcasm. I simply can't believe cruise ships now offer wave pools as a means of attracting passengers. I think someone at RCCL hangs out at the Roosevelt Field Mall, just to see what would be their next "innovation". I say this because RFM has a climbing wall at Dick's Sporting Goods, they have a Johnny Rockets, they have miniature golf, and they have franchise and chain stores galore selling cheap jewelry and other useless trinkets.

Whatever happened to cruising on a ship BECAUSE it was a ship, and ships have their own intrinsic beauty when going somewhere. I doubt that many people on an RCCL ship remember they are on the ocean when they are inside. Well what the heck are they going on a cruise for, if all they are doing is taking the land with them?

Besides, I like being sarcastic, it comes with my territory.

BnB

Oh you mean those floating indoor malls disguised as cruise ships? That's a reason I don't patronize RCCL.

My sarcasm is directed at ONLY the truly idiotic posts on these boards. Legitimate, innocent questions will always get from me a thumbs up direct answer. Stupid questions deserve sarcasm. I simply can't believe cruise ships now offer wave pools as a means of attracting passengers. I think someone at RCCL hangs out at the Roosevelt Field Mall, just to see what would be their next "innovation". I say this because RFM has a climbing wall at Dick's Sporting Goods, they have a Johnny Rockets, they have miniature golf, and they have franchise and chain stores galore selling cheap jewelry and other useless trinkets.

Whatever happened to cruising on a ship BECAUSE it was a ship, and ships have their own intrinsic beauty when going somewhere. I doubt that many people on an RCCL ship remember they are on the ocean when they are inside. Well what the heck are they going on a cruise for, if all they are doing is taking the land with them?

Besides, I like being sarcastic, it comes with my territory.

BnB

This is our first time cruising with Carnival so that is why so many questions. I have been on 5 cruises prior to having my triplets. We took them on a cruise last year and it happened to be RCCL. They couldn't believe that they were able to skate, swim, play mini golf while on a ship. However, when traveling with 3 5 year olds you need to plan ahead and know what there is for them to do. My kids did not want any part of the kids club last year. They wanted to be with us and I was fine with that because I felt like we were on a family vacation.

I am very excited to go on Carnival. From what I am reading I know that we will have a great time. So if there is any information that you think I should know feel free to tell me, I would love to hear, but if I ask something that you are not interested in then just don't answer.

Is this your first time crusing on the Victory? Just curious, what type of cabin did you book? We are traveling in November, we needed 2 adjoining rooms so we were not able to get a balcony.

Have a great time!!! Let me know how your trip was!:)

This is our first time on Carnival, so we have no idea about what to expect. We took an inside guarantee and were lucky enough to get onto Deck 7. We took the inside cabin (our first one ever) because of the length of the cruise and the destination. We have been on Celebrity (our favorite line), HAL and Princess before.

We will report back when we return!

And good luck with this loser and his sarcasm. Your question was far from idiotic. To tell a little comparable story, when I went to college at the University of North Carolina in the fall of 1994, I asked one of the RAs when I was moving in what the cable TV situation was, since I knew so many dorms in the NorthEast had cable hookups. She responded in a sarcastic tone and with a laugh, suggesting, "you moron. You think you're getting cable here?" Same idea. People cannot think outside their own little realm and maybe suggest that what is fun for some people is not fun for him and vice versa.

And I doubt that if he truly felt that a ship was a thing of beauty that should have no "gimmiky" amenities, he would be sailing Carnival. Like I said before, some people have nothing better to do.

barvn and makunc, hope you both have great cruises! August will be my third cruise on Victory - we've always had a great time. My youngest was 4 the first time we sailed, and between the pools, the arcade, and Camp Carnival, he never lacked for anything to do. (That was before mini golf was on board - I know he'll want to try that this summer.)

We did a CTN on the Victory on 6/9. Sitting at the Triton Pool bar (non-smoking side) when the ship took a turn. The very full pool suddenly poured over the side and ran over the floor. People at the tables were literally sitting with their feet in over a foot of water. It was crazy!!

Archived