Crown & Anchor Loyalty Programme

I've read a few posts which imply (or rather, my interpretation of those posts) that one can register as a C&A member on board the ship on the first cruise, before sailing. Is that true? I'm taking my maiden RCI cruise next year and would like to know (as part of my preparation). It's a little early to enquire about this, I know but 1) I'm excited about the cruise! :) and 2) I'll be planning for our wedding come next year and I'm afraid it'll be too hectic to pay attention to what my fiance calls 'unimportant issues'. :p

We did register while on board last year for our first cruise with RCI on the Explorer. Make sure you get a member ID though b/c our info was apparently misplaced and we had to reenroll before this cruise so I could take advantage of the discount that was currently being offered to members.

You can register on-board during your first cruise, however, any C&A benefits would come into effect AFTER that cruise is over --- e.g., you copy of the C&A magazine, coupons on future cruises, "repeaters" party on your next cruise.

No big deal --- other than the coupons --- if they fit into your schedule, becoming a C&A Member is really no big deal.

I had a laptop in my cabin and registered during the cruise, the next day we all got invitations to the past guest party (we had 3 cabins) and then on the cruise after that the same thing, two of the people with us were new and we registered them from our cabin and they also got the invitations.

Question: If you purchase a cruise through a TA at a discount, does your Crown & Anchor Membership kick in automatically for any discounts you are entitled to? Or do you have to bring those to the attentio of your TA? Thanks.

Fedora

Archived