Deck 8 on the Monarch

We have booked an "obstructed view" stateroom on deck 8 on the Monarch of the Sea. The obstructed view is due to the life boats. Does anyone know which staterooms there is a larger gap between the life boats? We were told that there is a gap at stateroom 8046.

Something else to keep in mind on Deck 8: somebody posted a review of her Monarch cruise a few months ago, and her cabin was directly above Bolero's, the Latin Lounge. If you're going to be up until 1:00 anyway you may not care, but she reported hearing the music as if it were in her cabin. So if that sort of thing bothers you, select carefully!

Monarch Deck 8- minimally obstructed views

8008 8508

8030 8530

8032 8532

8034 8534

8036 8536

8038 8538

8048 8548

8050 8550

8060 8560

8072 8572

8084 8584

8096 8596

Jen - does this mean the rest are majorly obstructed? I am booked in 8064.... does that mean I should try to move to one of these if they are available? Well - now that I look at the deck plans, that won't work since only 2 of them are triples. Oh well...

Jen - does this mean the rest are majorly obstructed? I am booked in 8064.... does that mean I should try to move to one of these if they are available? Well - now that I look at the deck plans, that won't work since only 2 of them are triples. Oh well...

Tina, I was in 8042 and I was very happy. I got lots of natural light. It's not like you are going to climb over the bed and stand on it peering out your Deck 8 window. LOL.

Tina, I was in 8042 and I was very happy. I got lots of natural light. It's not like you are going to climb over the bed and stand on it peering out your Deck 8 window. LOL.

Hi Carol - I figured as much. I only upgraded from an inside to get a little bit of light to make the cabin seem larger. I am sure we will love it! It will be a fun getaway for the holiday so all is good! :D

Hi Tina,

Sorry I didn't see your post last night. Carol is right, here is a picture, I think, of the view more in the middle of the lifeboats. Also, you can look down on the promenade deck, if you do want to climb on the bed!

1334811971046215528S200x200Q85.jpg

Also the list I posted is I think from Mohavemommy, I found it on webshots one day, and saved it to my desktop, as people keep asking about deck 8. Just wanted to give her credit.

A few years back (Jan 2004) I was on 8th floor of Monarch, I can't remember the cabin number, but it was the last cabin in the hallway before the entrance to the showroom. It was cool because all there was outside my door was a public restroom, but NOBODY ever used it because it was around a little corner and no one knew it was there.

It was great for me, I used it for an extra bathroom in case my DS had to go while me or DH were using our shower or restroom. It was quite convenient, and the obstruction is minimal, you can still see out to the water.

I only had this cabin because I booked at the last minute (3 days before sailing), but it turned out fine. :D

Archived