Most Recent CDC Inspections of Voyager Class Ships

Do the results of CDC Ship Inpections Matter?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do the results of CDC Ship Inpections Matter?

Guys and Gals, we all have an opinion on what the CDC should do or not do, on cleanliness on the ship etc.---but let's be nice and smile. The Lady did not mean to offend you, your mental prowness or your expertise.

Now all kiss and make up ;)

Guys and Gals, we all have an opinion on what the CDC should do or not do, on cleanliness on the ship etc.---but let's be nice and smile. The Lady did not mean to offend you, your mental prowness or your expertise.

Now all kiss and make up ;)

I would but how can I be guaranteed that it will be 100% germ-free?

You guys are just begging to have this thread pulled, aren't you? Is it impossible for you to have an intelligent discussion without the name calling and sarcasm? This is quickly falling into the same category as children on ships, dressing at dinner and Johnny Rockets, and for absolutely no good reason. There are many ways to make your point without getting crass. Take off the flame throwers and play nice before someone reports this thread. I don't want to lose this thread because it has merit, or did before gloves came off.

• 4 weeks later...

If it were posted, Look at some of the scores of your local chain resteraunts (Fast food and sit down) and other normal restaraunts posted by county health inspectors!

I know some of the chain places are way more unsanitary than what is above, based on previous conversations with our local health inspector!

If it were posted, Look at some of the scores of your local chain resteraunts (Fast food and sit down) and other normal restaraunts posted by county health inspectors!

I know some of the chain places are way more unsanitary than what is above, based on previous conversations with our local health inspector!

Forget local restaurants, I shudder to think what our kitchen at home would score.

PS I voted No in the poll, but only because there wasn't one for 'Do they matter as long as they're 90's and higher'.

let's jump to reality. inspections are one thing and the inspectors are there to do a job , but the reality is that the cruise lines at each and every meal do something that not only jeopardizes your health but blatantly promotes the spread of disease. after your main course they collect any unused silver and return it to the silver trays to be reused at the next meal. how does this jeopardize you? well i saw a gentleman use his coffee spoon to taste his wifes veggies. put it to his mouth to clean it off, replace it to the original position across the top of his place setting. the waiter came along collected the silver and off the spoon went to be placed with the unused silver.

I would say those that are upset by thsi report had better not eat out anywhere EVER, but then again I KNOW homes are just as bad or worse. I have DIL with OCD and is ultra germ phobic, but I have seen mold and even dust,:eek: in her house at times also. And I can almost guarantee the most expensive restaurant in the world also can have a few slip ups now and then. Anyone who is that germ phobic needs to live in a bubble. And yes this thread should be pulled as it is too riduculous for words!:rolleyes: :p ;)

I come from a food background...more than 40 years experience. I can tell you that, with the exception of the ox tails under the condenser, the reports were pretty common stuff.

The kitchen crews are changing constantly...crew members leave every week for their time onshore. When this happens you need to train the new crew member who takes his/her place...In the "fury and the fire" that is the kitchen/galley, this does not always happen...many times it takes a CDC inspection to "kick butt" and get the crew on the same page.

I have seen many of the galleys onboard and I can tell you that they are a lot cleaner than most privately owned restaurants. Health inspections onshore are infrequent compared to the CDC inspections onboard ships. The ships have to be ever-vigilent and, for the most ppart, they are.

ROSS

• 1 month later...

Archived