Open Jaw Discount Airfare...Does this Intinerary qualify?

CRB#33

BY there deifinition it is... though not their definition with the cities being close. I guess the only way to tell for wure is price the itineraries. I have found very reasonalble prices on Alaska air and continental on these flights.

Some tips:

1. Price the Seattle to PHL as well. It is a 3 hour or so bus ride which is about $35. It is often more than $100 more to fly out of Vancouver. Vancouver also has the $10 or $15 departation tax. COnsidering some of the nightmares you hear about the Vancouver airport, the 3 hour bus ride is not that bad.

2. Do a RT from Seattle and a one way on AK air from Seatlle to ANC.

THere are ways around this and just know the options before booking your airfare.

Thanks Kkorman. If I do a one way from Seattle to AK however, I still have a one way from Philadelphia to Seattle. Seems to me that will really add up.

I wonder if a Philadelphia to Anchorage (What a full day that will be :eek: ), Seattle to Philadelphia will work.

CRB

We live on the West Coast and were having a real problem finding a flight from Sacto-Anc, Vanc-Sacto. Most of those in the $400-500 range had long layovers in Seattle or flew you 1500 miles your way first and then to Anc. The regular times and layovers were over $700, and I know you on the east coast were getting better prices. So we finally ended up with RT to Seattle, RT Seattle -Anc., two flts , for $400, with reasonable layover in Seattle, not use our return flt from Anc. and renting a car from Vanc to Sea for return trip.

Now why Alaska Air or someone else can't do better than that beats me. When you price with the airlines or with Expedia or Orbitz, go to the one way or multiple city destinations to get the right screens for your search.

Thanks Kkorman. If I do a one way from Seattle to AK however, I still have a one way from Philadelphia to Seattle. Seems to me that will really add up.

I wonder if a Philadelphia to Anchorage (What a full day that will be :eek: ), Seattle to Philadelphia will work.

Why can't you look at prices for PHL-SEA-PHL (RT) and then a one-way to ANC from SEA. Sorry if my ealier post was not clear. The only thing would be the added cost of the Bus from Vancouver... which should be save in the airfare.

Leg 1 of RT PHL-SEA

OW SEA-ANC

Leg 2 of RT SEA-PHL

Make sense?

PHL- ANC and YVR- PHL is an open jaw and a common booking. You need to look under the "multi city" booking option on airline booking sites. As for Seattle- returning from Seattle would require an overnight flight- you just can not count on making the last afternoon flights of around 2pm on a transfer from Vancouver the same day. Quick shuttle is $41 per adult, one way.

Thanks everybody. For next summer (even though not going til '06) I can get a PHL to ANC, then YVR to PHL for under $700 pp with one stop each way. Not too bad. I tried to price the same thing, except on the return, from SEA to PHL. It didn't even have that option, said nothing matched that criteria??

Problem is, we won't land in ANC until after midnight with these cheaper flights. Where's the cheapest place to stay at the airport?

BJ, I will definitely call the different airlines to make sure about the prices.

Archived