Glory Lido Deck

silverod

First cruise. Leaving in 38 days ( cant wait) we were upgraded from a Balcony gty to 9221 on the lido deck. Originally I was thrilled. After reading all of these boards ( for weeks ) I am beginning to wonder if there will be a lot of "traffic" outside the cabin since it is on the Lido Deck. Has anyone stayed near this cabin? and what was your experience? Thanks again to all of you on these threads for the wonderful advice and tips.

We stayed on the lido deck of the Glory on our first cruise back in April. The rooms are pretty well seperated from the "traffic areas." We never had problems with noise. I LOVED the convience of this location and spent most of my mornings and afternoon on the deck listening to the music and watching the ocean go by! You will love this location. Have fun!

Thank you Amanda and Donna. Will post a review upon my return. I looked at the deck plan and it seems to be an excellent location for all the days activities. I guess theres nothing to worry about, just getting antsy. Need to just GO!!!!

Our group had 5 balcony cabins on lido deck and loved it. Your cabin, 9221, is down at the end of the hall. There will be minimal traffic that far down. That's a great location!

Hey, I'm on your cruise!!

Never been on Carnival before, so I can't comment on your room position!

But, I can share your excitement!!! I thought I recognized your name from the Roll Call board!

38 days AND COUNTING!! YEAH!

Hi All!! Just back from Glory Eastern this past weekend. We had a blast!!!! The Lido is the way to go!!! We were delayed at disembarkation because the immigration computer system went down. Anyway, they called Spa and Lido first to get off and it went smoothly. Folks that were 2 floors down took HOURS to get off. So the Lido is a bonus in that regard. We had booked a past guest deal which was the rack rate for balcony lowest level and were given the highest level balcony room available - what a deal. Anyway, we got the last room on the Lido deck. I suppose people didn't pick it because it was near the main elevators. Yes, there is a hallway that is separate, but our room was the first room. We NEVER had a noise problem. The only thing I ever heard were a few kids walking down the hall one day when we slept in until noon. They were headed out to the pool, so it's the same noise you'd hear anywhere. The convenience of the room was great since my husband was never in a good condition by the end of the night. In other words, he was still able to find the room. Ha!!! Love the Lido. It was great just strolling out to the pool, bar, and restaurant every morning. If you need to get something out of your room when you are out by the pool, it just takes a minute. Awesome! You never have a problem catching an elevator down if you want to go to Promenade at night too. Well, I am so envious of all of you!!! I am settling in to reality right now. Enjoy your trip. I'm sure you will love your Lido balcony too!!!

Archived