Who has been on the 10 day PG Intinerary?

I have researched the threads about port or starboard suites, but the only info I have found was about the 7 day intinerary that goes clockwise around the islands. Does anyone have any input about the 10 day that approaches Tahaa from Bora Bora?

:confused: Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I feel like it is a specific question to the itinerary. Thank you to anyone that can fill in the blanks for me.

And if any nice souls have been on the 10 day and want to offer any other valuable info/advice it would be greatly appreciated:D

Well I made the deposit today so I will wait patiently...not really. :p There has to be somebody who has done the 10 day Society Islands and Tuamotus.

Where is the best place to celebrate an anniversary dinner? We will be leaving Raiatea at 6 pm and sailing to Rangiroa on our anniversary night.:rolleyes:

Thanks

Diana

I realize this isn't what your looking for but I sense the desperation. Seven days on the PG will go by fairly quick, especially since it involves a lot of travel to and from. So ten days will be even better. You won't regret the extra days in paradise.

Enjoy

We've been in Virginia helping our daughter get settled into a new home. Today is my first time in a while to come on Cruise Critic.

We did the 10-day itinerary in June 2005. My long review is posted under Member Cruise Reviews. Go back to the main page of Cruise Critic and click on Member Cruise Reviews. Then Choose Regent. You will find 19 reviews under the Paul Gauguin. Mine is listed as Kathy Z 06/05 South Pacific. Bon Voyage!

We were in a starboard cabin just as we were when we did the 7-day back to back on the PG.

We did a 10 day in Dec-Jan 7th. We were in 707. We dined in the La Veranda for a birthday celebration and for New Year's Eve. (reservations required).

Make sure you are on deck then approaching Rangiroa - many times dolphins accompany the ship. The 10 day is a great itinerary. You will have a marvelous time!! Enjoy!

Thank you for the suggestion. We are going during June and I have read that dinner at Le Grill can be romantic when sailing (not as hot and humid). Is there any validity to this? I think I will stick to La Veranda but I thought I would check it out for one of the other nights.

I have read your reviews and thanks for emailing me yours Drep it was fun to read and very informative.

I think what I am struggling with is when I look at the itinerary map for the 10 day, it seems like Port would be a better side to be on, but most reviews talk about the starboard side being important for the 7 day. I guess I was looking for an easy answer. I guess I will just go stand at the front of the boat and enjoy the view;)

Thanks again

Personally I can't imagine Le Grill being romantic when sailing as the wind will make it even more noisy . There seem to be some aircon units very close to some of the tables which make a continuous background hum and noise.

The ambience in La Veranda is much more conducive to romance than L'Etoile which can be pretty noisy. Most of the tables for 2 in L'Etoile are all lined up together against the port side in 2 rows. Of course, if you want something special prepared for your anniversary, you might have to use L'Etoile as I don't think La Veranda will take special orders.

hope this helps,

Roz

• 2 weeks later...

Archived