Prices Are Dropping

If You Have Not Paid Your Final Payment, Look At Rccl.com And See If Your Prices Has Dropped! I Did And Save $100 Off My 3 Nighter On The Sos In September....excellent!

Michele

Doesn't matter if you have paid final payment or not, you should still get the price drop, Congratulations on yours!!

If You Have Not Paid Your Final Payment, Look At Rccl.com And See If Your Prices Has Dropped! I Did And Save $100 Off My 3 Nighter On The Sos In September....excellent!

Michele

Doesn't matter if you have paid final payment or not, you should still get the price drop, Congratulations on yours!!

Sorry...Double Posts!!!!!

If i booked with a TA do i still get the deal or am i out of luck?

Your TA should call for you and get the price adjustment, although some are reluctant to do that b/c it cuts into their commission, so be prepared to firmly insist on it.

Your TA should call for you and get the price adjustment, although some are reluctant to do that b/c it cuts into their commission, so be prepared to firmly insist on it.

Most TA's will be happy to check prices and adjust them if necessary. The commission lost is very small on a price drop. If the client does not come back to book again, you stand to lose much more. I read these boards regularly and frosm what I can see, if you have booked through a deep discount agency, there is a chance that it will be more difficult to receive a price drop. They already lost most of their commission when discounting your cruise.

If your cat is sold out then you won't get a price drop. They drop prices to sell the rooms or cat that are not filled yet. Since your cat is sold out they do not need to drop the price.

However, what you may find is a higher category room for about what you paid... in which case, you may be able to upgrade to the better room.

We are booked on AOS in October and I keep checking and am finding higher room rates but our airfare is around $300 cheaper right now than when we booked. Does anyone know if they adjust airfare later? We have not made final payment yet...probably will next month. Thanks!!

Thanks for sharing your news! I just called rccl to check on my upcoming cruise on the Sovereign in September, and we got a hundred bucks off. :D Split that with my sister and my aunt, and we saved another 33 dollars each.

Never a day goes by that I don't find out something new and usefull on these boards!

We are booked on AOS in October and I keep checking and am finding higher room rates but our airfare is around $300 cheaper right now than when we booked. Does anyone know if they adjust airfare later? We have not made final payment yet...probably will next month. Thanks!!

If you booked air on your own, some airlines will give credit for a price drop, but not all. It can't hurt to call and ask though. I got credit vouchers for a future flight on Delta when I saw a price drop. Spirit said no way, no how.

If your cat is sold out then you won't get a price drop. They drop prices to sell the rooms or cat that are not filled yet. Since your cat is sold out they do not need to drop the price.

this might not be absolutely true. Last April we were on Explorer. We had a Senior rate and the rates dropped for the category above and below us. When my TA called RCI about it, we were given the lower rate even though our Category was showing no availability. It does not hurt to call and ask anyway.

I have a question for all the experienced cruisers out there......We are booked on the Enchantment in a D1 Balcony cabin for a 5 night Aug. 13, 2007. I paid $799.00 pp. Since then it's gone up to $1119.00 and stayed there. Does anyone really think I will get a better deal than what I paid (which I DO think it was a great price but 1st cruise so what do I know <chuckle>) or should I stop looking at rccl's website everyday price checking?

Thanks for any info/advice! :)

Leslie

Hmmmm...better ask again cuz I think I got overlooked ((sigh)). Do I check the site I booked with or do I have to go by RCCL's site exclusively for price drops? Again, thanks in advance, guys!

I usually book with a TA but keep checking RCCL website to see if there is a price drop. If so, I call my TA and she gets it for me.

Ann

Your cruise price has already increased $320/pp. It's extrememly unlikely that it will drop below your original cost

BUT

it doesn't hurt to check. You never know!

That's what I'm thinking too.....probably not but you never know!:D

Thank you for your thoughts yogimax

Archived