Ryndam Suites

woodmill100

I'd love to see any pictures of cabin S10 on navigation deck or similar cabin, together with any stories you may have about suite life. We were originally booking a verandah cabin but given we'll be away for our anniversary, I booked a suite (hubby unaware at present!)

We've only ever been on one cruise before to the med on a ship more like a passenger ferry so are very very excited about our trip on Ryndam.

Thanks in advance.

You are going to love it. :)

Hal's site has a picture.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/fleet/stateroomHome.do?ship=ry

The S cabins are twice the size of the A and B verandahs.

The verandah is very large. There is a virtual tour of this cabin on Hal's site.

Use of the exclusive Neptune Lounge and personal concierge service

Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise

Premium duvet, oversize bath towels and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night

Hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request

Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise

Cocktail party with ship officers

Priority boarding for tender ports of call

Special disembarkation service

Priority dining and seating requests

Exclusive daily breakfast service for suite guests only

High tea service in suite on request

A special Suite guest lunch event on cruises over 7 days in length

Sorry I can't help you ...... yet! We have booked S9 on the Ryndam for our very first cruise. We fly to Vancouver on 1st July and sail on the 8th. We are away for a month, so I won't be reviewing our cruise until August. From everything I've heard and read here the HAL 'S' suites and all their perks are wonderful.

Enjoy the anticipation!

I'd love to see any pictures of cabin S10 on navigation deck or similar cabin, together with any stories you may have about suite life. We were originally booking a verandah cabin but given we'll be away for our anniversary, I booked a suite (hubby unaware at present!)

We've only ever been on one cruise before to the med on a ship more like a passenger ferry so are very very excited about our trip on Ryndam.

Thanks in advance.

Woodmill-- I started a thread earlier this month ("Maasdam/S Class suites"). The Ryndam and Maasdam are sister ships. I got some replies with photos. It helped me to compare the Vista SA suites to the S Class ship S suites. The SA on the Noordam was terrific. The S suite on the Maasdam/Ryndam, etc. will be even bigger and the deck is a whopping 189 sq. ft. Happy anniversary!

We were in S10 on either the Ryndam or Statendam. Nice cabin except the ping pong table was above it and people played well past 1 am. If you have a choice get one of the cabins under the beauty shop forward of 10.

Gary

We stayed in the S008 suite on the Veendam last Fall. The space is terrific - room to spread out! Nice balcony, dressing room, sitting area. The ONLY noise we heard was from above - sometimes late at night - cleaning the area around the pool? Moving table and chairs? Well worth the minutes of noise on and off I might add... we've booked another cruise on the Veendam in S024 for this Summer/Fall. I can't say it enough: Unbelievable space, comfort, and staff.

We were in Ryndam Suite 12, next to your 10, on the infamous cruise last December out of Tampa when the power went out and cabins got flooded. But we had absolutely no problem and loved Suite 12. The size is great, plenty of space for clothes and whatever. We like the separate dressing room - would have liked more hanging closet space for a 14 day or more cruise, but with free laundry service, really not a problem.

The veranda is huge and was often used. The Neptune Lounge is just close enough and the Concierges are so helpful.

Enjoy the suite life. You can't beat it!

Barbara

I must also say thanks to everyone for the info - really helpful - with any luck we're going to Alaska on Ryndam next summer - in a suite - wooohooo !! - and it's our first cruise !! - may as well go all out !! no Vista class doing round-trip out of Vancouver so I guess we're stuck with the Ryndam ! lol!!! I'm sure we'll manage :D

Archived