cruise price drop credit

bbben789

hey all, i just was on the carnival website and the cruise im taking on the 25th has dropped to 509 for the inside guarantee. i payed 529. i called today to see if i could get a 40 dollar shipboard credit but they said the only way they could do that is drop me back to a tba room which i could get anything when i currently have been placed in a 4D. any ideas where i could keep the room im in but still get some credit or an upgrade to possibly a oceanview?

take the tab credit and go for it...the last 2 cruises have had price drops and we got credits of 240 - 400, good for you for keeping an eye out...another reason to book through Carnival

You can get them with a good TA also. :)

I did the mexican riviera in March and I received $400.00 in credits. I booked a balcony for 1049.00 and it kept going down, so eventually it added up to a $400.00 onboard credit. If I had been put in a suite for example, and accepted it, then the suite would have had to drop below my 1049.00 original price. You can't get upgraded and then work off of your old price.

Our TA watched prices for us. We had booked a balcony gty. When the price went down we chose a extended aft balcony for the price of a gty. Alot of people use Carnival vacation plannners (PVP) I think that a Carnival vacation planner would do the same. I am unsure if they tell the client about a price drop or the cleint tells them. After final payment the price dropped again again she got us a 500.00 obc. I doubt we would have gotten that out of Carnival. If your TA does not watch prices, you alert them when the price drops, and yes even after final payment you can get credit. We just have a great TA. :)

We have a great TA too. She just emailed me today and said she was working on getting us a lower price due to Carnivals sale on Thurs. She knows we want to keep our aft balcony we booked so hopefully we can get the 2 category lower price and keep our cabin. Our TA is great. This will be our 2nd price drop since I booked.!!

Archived