swimming with dolphins

comofam1

Has anyone been to Chankanaab National Marine Park? We are thinking of swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling and spending the day at the park. Looking for feedback. We will be there on July 28.

I was there in November '06 and swam with the dolphins. It was GREAT. It's one of those "once in a lifetime" things to do. Do plan on buying the video and maybe the still pictures. If I had it to all over again I would have passed on the pictures. I loaded the video in my computer and can make copies of any frame I want from the video.

Don't miss this opportunity.

I wonder if anyone has ever considered whether the dolphins want to swim with us? Given the choice between swimming with us and lying around on the bottom of the tank and doing nothing, they might prefer loafing.

We will never know.

DON

In no way do I support any captive dolphin exploitation program. As sentient marine mammals, dolphins belong in the open ocean, not trapped inside a pen for tourists amusement and their captors profit.

The beach is gorgeous, the restaurant fare was good, and the snorkeling was great.It was a $10.00 taxi fare to the beach each way, and $3.00 for locker rentals.

We had our own snorkel gear, but you can rent gear there if you wish..

We are in our mid 60's and found the current a bit swift, but that was easily solved by going to the top end of the beach and drifting back to the bottom end.

We will definitely go there again.

We didn't swim with the dolphins..we watched for a while, but the whole experience seemed to be highly overrated.

Archived