Room Service

cruisin1982

Before our cruise I would have gone so far as to say that I didn't like roast beef but because so many people mentioned how yummy the roast beef and brie sandwich was ...I tried it. Very good!!!

Choc. cake was good, too!

Dumb question.....

What does guacamole taste like? I've never even had avacado! LOL

OMG :eek:... really... well sister.. your in for a real treat then... avacados are GREAT natural foods.. .. but honestly... when you see guacamole.. it looks like baby poop... but it taste good.

Dumb question.....

What does guacamole taste like? I've never even had avacado! LOL

You are missing out! Avocados are creamy and mild and full of healthy fat. Mash a couple ripe ones up with fresh garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and red onion (some people add tomato...I don't) for a rich, splendid marriage of flavor.

YUM! :D

Looks like baby poop.......exactly why I haven't tried it before now! LOL

Ok, I'm going to try it on this trip! If I don't like it - I will find this thread again and let you know! LOL

I like a lot of fruits and veggies, so maybe I will! I just have to get past the "look" of it! LOL

GKRNJLR - you're not alone!.. I've never tried guacamole either...couldn't get past the color.. Although I just may give it a try myself on our cruise in September

Cool, I'm not the only one! LOL

Where are you headed on your cruise in Sept? If you're going to Mexico, you HAVE to try the chips and salsa and I would bet that they might have some GREAT guacamole!

I have had it before and I didn't care for it. Maybe guacamole is like grits. You have to make sure that you get some that has been prepared the right way.

Being from SC, I know alot of people who say grits are gross. The problem is they have only had instant grits or grits cooked in some cheap cafe by someone who has never eaten them either.

So with that in mind, I will keep trying guacamole to see if I stumble across someone who fixes it the right way! Sometimes you just have to be adventerous!:D

StarWarsGal......we're neighbors! Well - at least in the same city! lol

I've never tried grits either! I guess I am not an adventurous diner, huh? I do like to try new things but never tried either of these.

Ok, so if you're still willing to try guacamole....apparently it didn't gross you out the few times you've had it? Have you had it from La Hacienda? That's the one place I have thought about trying it but have yet to.

For the best guacamole... if your in Cabo San Lucas on a cruise.... walk downtown... find the grocery store... right across the street from the grocery store is a little market place... on the left hand side of the market place is a Taco shop... seats inside... It is by far the VERY BEST guac I have ever tasted. My wife sat there eating the salsa... sweat pouring off her forehead, nose running.. but she kept going and going... she said the salsa was AWESOME!! And nothing better then washing it all down with an ice cold cerveza!!!!

StarWarsGal......we're neighbors! Well - at least in the same city! lol

I've never tried grits either! I guess I am not an adventurous diner, huh? I do like to try new things but never tried either of these.

Ok, so if you're still willing to try guacamole....apparently it didn't gross you out the few times you've had it? Have you had it from La Hacienda? That's the one place I have thought about trying it but have yet to.

I love La Hacienda, but I have not tried theirs. I tried it once a long time ago. I guess it is time to try theirs again. Are you from here? I graduated from Summerville and work at Bosch.

Cool, I'm not the only one! LOL

Where are you headed on your cruise in Sept? If you're going to Mexico, you HAVE to try the chips and salsa and I would bet that they might have some GREAT guacamole!

Oh yes!! Mexico has the BEST guac! That was the first time I got up the nerve to shove that green goop in my mouth and then we ordered it every day from then on! LOL

As for the chocolate cake on the room service menu, every day we vowed we were going to get it but every day we were always so stuffed from dinner and busy during the days that we never got to try it. I guess I'll make the same vow for our next Carnival cruise! :D

Ok....so what's the best way to eat it? With chips?

Not just potato chips... it has to be tortilla chips... hopefully ones that were home made.. still warm with salt and lime on them.

If you want to make your own tortilla chips, then get some corn tortilla, cut them into 1/4's and deep fry them in some really hot oil... then when they just come out, sprinkle salt and squeeze a lime over them.. YUMMMMM!!!!

Ok....so what's the best way to eat it? With chips?

Guac with the chips AND some salsa........mmmmmm

Also put the same combo on fajitas along with some shredded cheese.

I've also heard of people spreading some guacamole on a sandwich. I bet that would give a veggie sandwich some great flavour!

Archived