Land End's Bathing Suits...

crissyp

I have seen so much mention of great swimsuits from Lands Ends on this board that I though I would just mention to anyone who might not know that Sears Department Stores have a Lands End Department where you can shop and TRY on any suit you like.

I always ordered my suits from Lands End, and once I had to return one that I did not like and their customer service told me to go to Sears and return it to save the postage. I'm not a big Sears shopper, think I've only been in Sears 3x in my life, but when I walked in ( Garden City, NY) I walked straight into Bathing Suit heaven, and walked out with two suits that I loved and that I knew fit me.

Good luck with the bathing suit hunt all future cruisers, and Happy Sailings...

Crissy

I haven't checked out Sears in a long time, but I know I've seen Lands End stuff in there.

The selection is much smaller than what you see in the catalogs, but I think if you have one near by, it would be great to go there and see how their fit is for you. If they don't have your selection, you can then order with more confidence.

I find their sizes to be fairly true, maybe a bit generous in some cases.

Mocro...The Sears here in NY had a great selection, also you can order from the computer/catalog station right in the department if they don't have your size. Saved me some time and some $$ too! lol

Crissy

Another nice thing about Sears and Lands End, if you order from the catalog or online if you don't like it or it doesn't fit, you can take it back to Sears.... no questions asked, no packing it back up and taking it to the post office, no postage.:)

Could any of you please tell me about the fit of Land's End bathing suits. I just received a catalog from them with lots of fantastic styles of suits...anything you could want.

But how true are the sizes? For example, if it says XL, is it really XL or do you need to order a couple sizes larger? I've never ordered a bathing suit from a catalog, but there are such cute styles in it, I'd love to buy one.

I order pretty much true to size from Lands End.

Their pants tend to run large, I think, but their tops are accurate. And their swimsuits, on me, are true to size.

Remember that Lands End has a "guaranteed period" policy. You can return for any reason.

If you need a really quick exchange you can call them, order the new one, and they'll ship it right away ... refunding your credit card for the first one when they receive it back.

So, you can order your swimsuit in, say, Large and Extra Large, and return the one you don't want (of course following the special sanitary swimsuit try-on requirements....)

Lands End is the BEST, in my opinion ...

Shipping is free if you order your items in a Sears Store. It comes right to your house so you don't have to go to Sears to pick it up!

Their suits run true to size. The bathing suits are great for active beach and pool goers. I never have a problem with creepage or slipping straps even when I'm swimming or taking part in other activities.

Shipping is free if you order your items in a Sears Store. It comes right to your house so you don't have to go to Sears to pick it up!

Their suits run true to size. The bathing suits are great for active beach and pool goers. I never have a problem with creepage or slipping straps even when I'm swimming or taking part in other activities.

I went to a Sears today and found a suit I loved, (mix and match), but couldn't find the right size combination. I was thinking it didn't seem fair to pay shipping on something you could normally get in the store, now I find that shipping is free. Guess I'm off to Sears again.

BTW, I also found that they run true to size and the quality is unbeatable. I love the idea of a tankini, so easy for potty breaks. Their mix and match have several bottom choices that aren't cut up to "only teenagers should wear" heights and the tops are long enough not to have a belly showing gap. They say that a high cut bottom makes your legs look longer. I think it just shows more of a big leg.

Until just this very moment I thought I knew all the best info on Land's End. I've been ordering from them for years and years and years. But I never knew you could take something you ordered from the catalog back to sears for a refund. Now I know that Sears bought them out (or vice versa) and that Sears had some of the items in their store, but butter my behind and call me a biscuist... I was unaware about the return thing. HOT DOG I'm headed there today to return a swimsuit I didn't like. Same old thing, too big on the top too small on the bottom :rolleyes: Ok that's just me.

As a plus sized woman I'm always reluctant to try on swimsuits anyway but this gives me a new lease on life in the swimwear dept. Thanks OP for starting this thread. It may be months until I cruise but it's just 2 hours until Sears opens. :D

Thanks for the info - I've been hunting for a new swim suit ... tankini with shorts and had gone everywhere, went to Sears today and picked up two Lands End and they were on sale (love sales) ... first time I've been in Sears in a long time. Then stopped in Penney's for a new bra (only one's I found that fit ... and believe me I've tried them all) are two styles of vanity fair.

I tried my turquoise formal from last cruise on and found it is now too big ... so in Penny's I found a nice dark blue three piece flyaway pants outfit on sale for $39.00. It will work!!! Darker than I usually wear, but for $39 I'll take it!!! My other formal is purple.

Thanks for the heads up on Lands End -- It was a productive shopping trip. Jan

Thanks for the info - I've been hunting for a new swim suit ... tankini with shorts and had gone everywhere, went to Sears today and picked up two Lands End and they were on sale (love sales) ... first time I've been in Sears in a long time. Then stopped in Penney's for a new bra (only one's I found that fit ... and believe me I've tried them all) are two styles of vanity fair.

I tried my turquoise formal from last cruise on and found it is now too big ... so in Penny's I found a nice dark blue three piece flyaway pants outfit on sale for $39.00. It will work!!! Darker than I usually wear, but for $39 I'll take it!!! My other formal is purple.

Thanks for the heads up on Lands End -- It was a productive shopping trip. Jan

Wow. Lands End on sale? That's something I've never seen or been fortunate enough to run into. Just kills me to have to pay $86 for a swimsuit.

I wanted to order one of their custom fit swimsuits and last week when my catalog arrived, I attempted to order and was told the my size was sold out in every color! Then I chose another from their regular line and it too was sold out! They said there will be no back orders and to try again NEXT YEAR!!

I order A LOT from Lands End, and relate to what you just said. Their stuff is seasonal, and when it's gone, it's gone for that year.

Having said that, goto www.landsend.com and search for your swimsuits ... it'll give you an accurate idea of what is currently in stock.

Good luck.......

Archived