Debarkation in Barbados?

bzv143

About to book my own airfare to/from Barbados for the New year's sailing and was wondering if a 9:30 a.m. flight home is all right? The Windsurf website says it arrives back in Barbados at 5:30 a.m. Anyone know? :confused:

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We had no problems with this schedule (0930 departure) in March of this year. The Barbados authorities were prompt on boarding as soon as the ship docked and the folks with early flights were the first ones off. We were at the airport before the airline counter staff came to work. Do not concern yourself about it!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The ship gets in at 4:30, not 5:30. On our 12/9 disembarkation, immigration officials were there at 4:45 a.m. (we assume--we were asleep at the time) to clear PAX to be off the ship by 5:30. Check with Windstar whether an 8 a.m. flight will work. 9 a.m. definitely does work.

For others, even if, as we did, you plan to leave the ship at the latest possible moment (8:30), they will wake you up by 6 a.m. to clear immigation. The announcements are too loud to be ignored.

If you have a late flight (ours was at 5:15 p.m.), we have a great suggestion as to how to spend the intervening hours without taking the ship's tour.

We were on the same cruise as Joe & Joan and had an 8:13 AM flight. The earliest flight I knew someone was on and also had no problem cathcing was 7:40. Immigration boards and meets passengers in the lounge at 4:30 AM. We were at the aiport before 6AM and checked in with very, very short lines. There were 1 1/2 busses of passengers who were with us catching early flights home. Only one problem. You must use the ships transfers or arrange your own transportation to the airport beforehand as taxis are not allowed to enter the port area where you disembark before 8AM. Sharon

• 1 month later...

We are booked on Wind Surf in November, and we've decided to spend an extra day/night in Barbados. With no taxi access to the port area before 8am (as noted above), does anyone have a suggestion for travel arrangements early in the morning if you are not airport bound? Can you just walk off and get a taxi outside the port area? Thanks,:)

We will be disembarking from the Windsurf on its return to Barbados on April 6th (last segment before its does its transatlantic crossing.) Our flight leaves Barbados at 7am. I contacted our TA to arrange airport/ship/airport xfers using Windstar but was only able to book our inbound but not our outbound.

We were told that for some odd reason Windstar's reservation system could not handle our early departure flight at 7am (the earliest the system would handle was 9am). Our TA was instructed by Windstar that we can book our ship to airport xfer (outbound) ON BOARD the Windsurf for our early departure. We were pleased to read on this forum that the ship arrives at Barbados by 4:30am and that immigration is prompt and people were delivered to the airport by 6:00am (see earlier post).

What we would like to know is "have any of you ever arranged your ship to airport transfer onboard the Windsurf for an early departure?" It just seemed odd to us that Windstar could not handle our return transfer as easy as they did for our arrival transfer. We would appreciate any advice you can give us. All the flights back to our home via Miami leave around 7am. Later flights get us home very late with long layovers and we have already booked our flight.

We would also like to know more about Glory Tour arrangements if it turns our we got bad info from Windstar. Thanks in advance for your help!

We just got off the Windsurf in Barbados on January 6th. We were definitely offered a chance to book an early transfer after we got on board. I believe we got the form in our cabin on the second night. (We didn't do it but I remember getting the form.) I beleive the early transfer left the ship at about 5:15 am. Hope this helps.

Chicagogal,

Thanks so much for the info! It has put us at ease to know that Windsurf passengers are given the option to arrange an early transfer on board and that the early transfer leaves around 5:15am. Cheers!

Hello good people!

My wife and I are making our first Wind Surf voyage in mid March (St. Thomas to Barb on a private cruise).

I have read of people getting on flights as early as 7:30AM with no problem but my only option is a 7AM flight (or wait until 2:30PM). Can anyone help me out and let me know if I should book it?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived