Sleep Inn Dania vs Best Western Oceanside Inn

clemhen

We have reserved rooms at each hotel. But want to keep the cost down and like the location of the BW better. Any thoughts or comments for one or the other. I know the Sleep Inn has great reviews, but the BW seems to be a better location... please HELP with the decision.:)

Thanks!

I booked for October at the Sleep Inn Dania. It had great reviews. Also the main reason I booked it was for the airport shuttle, breakfast, and the reviews. It is also a reasonable distance from the beach. Also, the 2 rooms or 'suites' I booked have 2 queens and a pullout couch (sleeps 6).

We stayed at BW Oceanside. We went for this location because we wanted to sail the Jungle Queen the night before the cruise, and the BW is a short walk to the Jungle Queen's dock. It's also a very short walk to the beach (although it wasn't warm enough to swim when we were there in February). The rooms were comfortable and the buffet breakfast in the morning was very good - there were both hot and cold items available. The only down side I would give to the BW is that there is no shuttle; you will need to call a cab.

On our Caribbean Princess cruise this May we stayed at the Bahia Mar. Our friends stayed at the Best Western Oceanside. They said it was very nice and especially enjoyed the full breakfast. The location is great, right next door to the Yankee Clipper and just down the street and across from the Bahia Cabana hotel which is a great place for lunch and drinks in the evening. The water taxi also stops at the Bahia Cabana. The cab to the port shouldnt be more than 12.00. My choice would be the Best Western based on the location

DH and I stayed at the Dania on both ends of our April Princess 10 day cruise. It was perfect for cutting costs. The shuttle both ways on both ends saved us 40 dollars and then there's the free breakfast, complete with make your own waffles! It was clean and convient. We even used the workout room (as much good as it did us LOL). There are 3 restaurants across the street. Italian, Chinese and a Mexican place. We tried the Pizza at the Italian (excellent) and the Mexican twice. At the end of this strip mall was a Publix grocery store with wine and alcohol. We just stocked up on Pepsi and bottled water. Saved even more money! In front of the Hotel is a Walgreens. Of course we forgot a "few" things and this was very handy.

I stayed at the Sleep Inn Dania this past April.

The price was reasonable and it was close to alot of things. A supermarket,resturants and drug store.

Since I was also traveling solo, I need a safe location.

For my stay, I felt that it was worth the money. My room was clean. I had free wireless service for my laptop. There was a dollar store,a publix supermarket and walgreen's for last minute shopping. There was also a few dining places.

The hotel also offered shuttle service to the port.

I would stay there again.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn Dania in March before our Star Princess cruise - the ONLY draw back is the $8.00 ride to the liquor store. Publix has wine and beer - but no hard liquor. Otherwise - it was great - - I would stay there again!

Archived