Diamond Princess Deck Questions

DougandEric

Since we were assigned our stateroom for our November Hawaii cruise, I'm really studying the deck plans and have a couple of questions about the Diamond:

1. Is the Terrace pool accessible from Aloha deck or do you have to get to it from outside stairs from Lido deck?

2. On most of the decks from Aloha downward, there appears to be a public balcony on each side aft - is the case ? If so, is this a problem for people who have balconies near these public balconies with noise, etc?

Thanks.

Doug and Eric I have been on the Sapphire(sister to Diamond) and I remember that seeing the Terrace pool from the Lido deck aft as on the Lido deck is where we had our sailaway party. I am not sure but I think you can reach it from the Aloha deck. Also I am not sure that you can reach those cabins that you mentioned (private balcony). I have the diagram in front of me and that is a question that I cannot answer.

By the way when are you going to Hawaii in Nov. I am on the Nov. 3rd one and we have a roll call started for that cruise. Come join us if you are on that date.

marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for the invite but we're on the 11-18-2007 cruise. Please leave the ship in sail-able condition when you get off! :-)

Well I will give it the old college try. o.k.:D

Marilyn

Since we were assigned our stateroom for our November Hawaii cruise, I'm really studying the deck plans and have a couple of questions about the Diamond:

1. Is the Terrace pool accessible from Aloha deck or do you have to get to it from outside stairs from Lido deck?

2. On most of the decks from Aloha downward, there appears to be a public balcony on each side aft - is the case ? If so, is this a problem for people who have balconies near these public balconies with noise, etc?

Thanks.

We were on Sapphire, Diamond's sister and,

1. Yes it is accessible. There is a door between the two stairs on the plan and you walk up the back stairs to get to the pool.

2. That area appears to be a dead or crew space. Looking at my photos, there is no balcony a that area.

We were on Sapphire, Diamond's sister and,

1. Yes it is accessible. There is a door between the two stairs on the plan and you walk up the back stairs to get to the pool.

2. That area appears to be a dead or crew space. Looking at my photos, there is no balcony a that area.

Here are some photos I found.

The stair is under the guy in the green shirt.

The photo is the rear of the ship and the white corners of the ship do not have any balconies on the stern's corners.

DSC04125.JPG.775552d4aa49f0f06a89839d014f1ccc.JPG

DSC04684.JPG.21afb70a64d4eec1b7c377c9383e981b.JPG

Thanks for the replies. The deck plans appear to show accessible space.

You can all stay on as long as you want - but those who stay on have to buy the drinks for the newbies!

Doug

The area you are seeing on each side aft that looks like balcony is actually a enclosed stairway for the crew. These stairs can be used by passengers at the start of muster drill to get to their station but not to return.

1. Is the Terrace pool accessible from Aloha deck or do you have to get to it from outside stairs from Lido deck?..............

Here are a couple pictures to help clarify how you get from Aloha deck to the Terrace Pool. The first shows the stairs behind the stacked chairs covered by the blue tarp. The second is inside looking toward the door that accesses those "half a deck" of stairs.

************see post below for pictures********************

Here are a couple pictures to help clarify how you get from Aloha deck to the Terrace Pool. The first shows the stairs behind the stacked chairs covered by the blue tarp. The second is inside looking toward the door that accesses those "half a deck" of stairs.

Trying the upload again. (I donot know why they did not work first time.)

1072460804_SapphirePrincess-AlohaDeckAccess.JPG.43f840123521d47b06f92ba2692e3d9b.JPG

745708252_SapphirePrincess-TerracePoolexitonAlohaDeck.JPG.cb0f7c4cb7f3096891b0294b2f0e8956.JPG

Archived