RCCL Cruisers - what is the best snorkeling tour in Bermuda?

cruislovin

If your cruise offers the Restless Native Catamaran, you will see many forms of sealife. The guide will also pull things out of the water for you to look at up close. The coral where they take you is amazing.

Have any RCCL cruisers booked one of the Bermuda snorkel tours? We primarily want to see coral formations, if there is a good one that you can recommend for that.

We also want to have some time for shopping too!

Also, are there beaches where you can snorkel in Bermuda or do you have to go out on a boat to see anything?

If you are able to swim past the buoys at Snorkle Park, you will see coral and fish the same as the Catamaran tour. Also if you go into any small cove near the rocks at Horsehoe Beach, and Tabacco Bay you will see lots of different fish. Anytime you go near the rocks, that is where the fish like to hide out.

If you are able to swim past the buoys at Snorkle Park, you will see coral and fish the same as the Catamaran tour. Also if you go into any small cove near the rocks at Horsehoe Beach, and Tabacco Bay you will see lots of different fish. Anytime you go near the rocks, that is where the fish like to hide out.

Approximately how many yards out are the buoys?

Thanks for the tip on Restless Native too.

One thing that always sticks in my mind is our guide telling us once that some of the coral in Bermuda is toxic. Now I don't know how accurate it is, but I am always careful not to brush against it, just in case. So if you're out snorkeling on your own, be careful not to touch any of it. When you go near the rocks...where the pretty fish like to hide, you may want to watch that the waves don't push you against any coral.

One thing that always sticks in my mind is our guide telling us once that some of the coral in Bermuda is toxic. Now I don't know how accurate it is, but I am always careful not to brush against it, just in case. So if you're out snorkeling on your own, be careful not to touch any of it. When you go near the rocks...where the pretty fish like to hide, you may want to watch that the waves don't push you against any coral.

Yes, apparently that is true. We have been told that in other places, such as St. Johns. Thanks for the reminder, especially for my teenagers!:D

Archived