Packing for my cruise!

Nitty

Well I have started packing already as we only have 13 days until we go, yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My slight worry is the amount of stuff we will have. I have packed up all the food, toys, nappies, wipes, milk etc for the baby and have 7 boxes! That doesnt include pram, bouncer, clothes and more. Do you think that it will be ok and there will be someone at hand with a massive trolly as we will need it.

Glenn (Nitwit) will have a fit I have 19 pairs of shoes to take!

Nitty, very excited now.

Well I have started packing already as we only have 13 days until we go, yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My slight worry is the amount of stuff we will have. I have packed up all the food, toys, nappies, wipes, milk etc for the baby and have 7 boxes! That doesnt include pram, bouncer, clothes and more. Do you think that it will be ok and there will be someone at hand with a massive trolly as we will need it.

Glenn (Nitwit) will have a fit I have 19 pairs of shoes to take!

Nitty, very excited now.

I presume you will get a special rate from Pickfords?:)

David

Nitty, This is completely irrelevant, but I keep thinking about Ittybitty having his only voyage on QE2, and not being able to remember it. You will have plenty of space to bring back mementoes for him (legal ones obviously, not the model of the Mauretania, etc) so he has something tangible to show his grandchildren one day.:)

Nitty, This is completely irrelevant, but I keep thinking about Ittybitty having his only voyage on QE2, and not being able to remember it. You will have plenty of space to bring back mementoes for him (legal ones obviously, not the model of the Mauretania, etc) so he has something tangible to show his grandchildren one day.:)

yes I will have lots of room when we return so will be able to bring some special things home for him. I have already filled in his baby's first year book with all the places we will be visiting and it has room to enter special memories and photos. He is a lucky boy getting to go on the QE2 for his first holiday.

Nitty

yes I will have lots of room when we return so will be able to bring some special things home for him. I have already filled in his baby's first year book with all the places we will be visiting and it has room to enter special memories and photos. He is a lucky boy getting to go on the QE2 for his first holiday.

Nitty

Your son is indeed lucky. Just remember to tell him all about it when he is grown up enough to understand.

Sadly I do not remember the first holiday I took with my parents although I believe my father took photos which are now stashed away in the master bedroom.

Oh and your packing sounds like a big challenge. Good luck with it. And don't forget to have fun on your voyage.

The joys of travelling with infants! Does your bouncer collapse into a small size? Try a travel one from mamas and papas otherwise. They fold down very small. Also make sure you take along an over door shoe holder, great for keeping all ittybittys stuff in. We got one last year for DS and it was great for stuffing bibs and spoons and cups and nappies and wipes and other assorted stuff into. Have you got yourself a smaller buggy? If not get yourself something like a Silvercross Pop, umbrella fold, big canopy, recline function. Best £90 I ever spent. Did you get disposable bibs? Boots sell them.

Do take out half your toys, you just will not use them all. Get yourself one big box BTW if you can, that stuff is going to take up a lot of cabin space. Take plenty of mix and match seperates, but take what you have already and put half back. Plan one outfit per day then add half for emrgencies. I can't remember if the QE2 has a self serve laundry, help me someone.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

Our little mans first holiday was the QM2, don't we have lucky boys?

Nitty....I don't remember my first TA at age 3, very, very long ago now, but I have mementos from it that my Mother saved for me and I treasure them. The old Gripsholm that I sailed one way on that trip is long gone now, but the postcard photo of her is still on my desk, along with other cherished photos of ships that no longer exist. I love knowing that I was fortunate to sail on them in their hey-day...so will he when the time comes. Have a truly wonderful voyage and do tell us how it was and how Ittybitty enjoys himself.

Do you really need 19 pair of shoes???:eek: I love shoes as much as the next woman but even I limited myself for the cruise...

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

Couldn't you just leave the kid in left luggage at Southampton?;) :eek:

That would really cut down on your luggage......:D

Matthew

:D LOL.

lexity, lots of things will fold down when i get my hands on them:D

glenn.

The joys of travelling with infants! Does your bouncer collapse into a small size? Try a travel one from mamas and papas otherwise. They fold down very small. Also make sure you take along an over door shoe holder, great for keeping all ittybittys stuff in. We got one last year for DS and it was great for stuffing bibs and spoons and cups and nappies and wipes and other assorted stuff into. Have you got yourself a smaller buggy? If not get yourself something like a Silvercross Pop, umbrella fold, big canopy, recline function. Best £90 I ever spent. Did you get disposable bibs? Boots sell them.

Do take out half your toys, you just will not use them all. Get yourself one big box BTW if you can, that stuff is going to take up a lot of cabin space. Take plenty of mix and match seperates, but take what you have already and put half back. Plan one outfit per day then add half for emrgencies. I can't remember if the QE2 has a self serve laundry, help me someone.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

Our little mans first holiday was the QM2, don't we have lucky boys?

I have just bought a new bouncer as the old one was getting a bit scruffy so its in pieces at the moment in its original box. An over the door shoe holder is a great idea thanks. I have got a small maclaren pushchair but I am taking his big silver cross pram so he can sleep in it at night and we still get to eat dinner in the restaurant, I have been testing this out recently and when he is bathed and in his sleepsuit he goes straight off, we went to a party the other weekend and not even the fireworks woke him up so hopefully he will be fine. So I have to bring it along. I have not gone mad with his clothes and most of them are shorts and t-shirts so thats not too bad and they do have self service laundry. The thing that is taking up lots of room is 4 packs of nappies, 5 packs of wipes and all his jars and packets of food, cartons of formula and bottles etc. He is not 7 months yet and will only eat jars of baby food not proper cooking so as the only make the ship will get in is not one I use I am having to take loads!

Thanks for all your advice though.

Nitty

, I have been testing this out recently and when he is bathed and in his sleepsuit he goes straight off, we went to a party the other weekend and not even the fireworks woke him up so hopefully he will be fine. Nitty

OK, that's Nitwit catered for.....what about Ittybitty?:D

David

I am done shopping and sewing. My daughter is with her grandparents this week, so I cannot purchase anything else for her wardrobe. she has grown 5 inches this year, but has only gained 2 pounds. Finding clothes that fit was a challenge.

Now I have to pack. My husband keeps assuring me it will all fit. (and he has 2 females to contend with).

I am very excited. I look forward to meeting you all.

Jeanne

I never pack until the day before. Once I know that everying I may need or may not need has either been washed or dry cleaned I don't feel the need to be putting them in a suitcase.

NOBODY needs 19 pairs of shoes. They are heavy and take up a lot of space!.

Enjoy your trip and especially I hope that your little one will be well and healthy during the trip and of course sleep fitfully.

Sue

Join the club,we have 1 mobillity scooter,1 breathing machine (incase he really needs to breath)boxes of medication,thank goodness we can borrow the wheelchair from the ship.I hope I can find room fro my clothes and yes shoes!If not,I feel we shall be left on our own with flies all around us!ONLY JOKEING.See you all very soon,this voyage will be very special,me thinks.

Kathie:)

I never pack until the day before. Once I know that everying I may need or may not need has either been washed or dry cleaned I don't feel the need to be putting them in a suitcase.

NOBODY needs 19 pairs of shoes. They are heavy and take up a lot of space!.

Sue

With ittybitty taking up all my time its going to take me 2 weeks to get everything ironed and paked. Finally picked up dry cleaning though.

Its actually 20 pairs of shoes but maybe some will have to stay at home as I really dont think our cabin will hold all our stuff. However I am counting flip flops and they dont take up any room.

Nitty.

I have got a small maclaren pushchair but I am taking his big silver cross pram so he can sleep in it at night

You will not be able to move in the cabin with a proper silvercross in it. Use a travel cot with a duvet on it's base. The baby will be perfectly comfortable, and you can pack the cot away when not in use.

As Lexxity said, our little boy's first holiday was on QM2 (when he was just 12 months), and we realised that we had brought roughly double the amount of stuff we actually needed.

Good luck, and have fun!

James

You will not be able to move in the cabin with a proper silvercross in it. Use a travel cot with a duvet on it's base. The baby will be perfectly comfortable, and you can pack the cot away when not in use.

As Lexxity said, our little boy's first holiday was on QM2 (when he was just 12 months), and we realised that we had brought roughly double the amount of stuff we actually needed.

Good luck, and have fun!

James

james,

it's not a proper silver cross as in perambulator it's a convertible pushchair.

glenn.

You must be so excited, I am jealous. :rolleyes:

Forget the 20 pair of shoes, you will do well with 3 or 4.

Reserve a pack and play from the ship for him to sleep in and bring an umbrella stroller.

You aren't going to have room for all those things in your tiny cabin.

Do you realize just how small a ship cabin is? It's not anything like a hotel room.

Whatever you do I'm sure you are going to have a marvelous time.

Bon Voyage. :D

I have got a small maclaren pushchair but I am taking his big silver cross pram so he can sleep in it at night and we still get to eat dinner in the restaurant.

You are taking two prams?

And do I read this right? You are planning to take a pram into dinner in the evening? Where exactly do you intend to leave it during dinner?

For what it is worth there is a self service laundry on QE2. Aft on deck three I understand. Or there is the laundry service. Rather more civilised....

Matthew

Join the club,we have 1 mobillity scooter,1 breathing machine (incase he really needs to breath)boxes of medication,thank goodness we can borrow the wheelchair from the ship.I hope I can find room fro my clothes and yes shoes!If not,I feel we shall be left on our own with flies all around us!ONLY JOKEING.See you all very soon,this voyage will be very special,me thinks.

Kathie:)

Kathie,

There are companies which will deliver medical equipment to the ship and pick it up when you are done. I don't have my bookmarks as I am at work, but you might look into that instead of you having to drag all of that stuff. Your insurance might even pay for it (but I wouldn't count on it!)

Let me know if you need more info. I think I have some companies bookmarked for both sides of the pond.

Karie,

who has had to look into this before..

BTW, Also, notify Cunard ahead of time. Hopefully, they will hold aside whatever extensions cords and such you might need to power the eq. Make sure to take your own also, along with an outlet strip.

Your insurance might even pay for it (but I wouldn't count on it!)

Karie - my mother looked at renting from that company you mentioned a while ago. In the end she didn't - they were very helpful but she could have bought a new scooter for what they wanted to charge:eek:

You are taking two prams?

And do I read this right? You are planning to take a pram into dinner in the evening? Where exactly do you intend to leave it during dinner?

For what it is worth there is a self service laundry on QE2. Aft on deck three I understand. Or there is the laundry service. Rather more civilised....

Matthew

One is a pram/pushchair and the other is a tiny pushchair both are coming.

The pram will be next to me.

Hopefully I wont have to do much washing and will probably use the laundry service as I dont want to be washing while on holiday but self service is an option if Ittybitty gets too many outfits dirty.

Nitty

Archived