Carnival's SUPER Salty Lobster

eponym

The last time I had lobster in the diningroom it's was inedible. Cooked wrong and just didn,t taste right. Sent it back and was bought another....one taste and pushed it aside. Asked to have the prime rib brought instead.

I was looking at the menus for my next cruise and I will have something different.

"VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LOBSTER"......:mad:

I'm going with the "supreme on LI duck and try a piece of Lobster on the side.....

That sounds great. What an idea.

Linda

On the Paradise we had to send 3 of our lobsters back. Got new ones and they were great. On Liberty awesome the first time however that was in europe where things area done to a higher level.

Sounds like we should have kept asking for additional replacements until they got it reasonably right. It was such a turn off. To keep reordering the entree or having to switch around to other entrees throws the dining cadence off.

I would say that these are supposed to be professional chefs and Carnival’s business is the Hospitality Industry (Hotel, F&B and Entertainment). I would really hope/expect that they would correct the problem going forward. There was NOTHING sweet about the Lobster served on the Paradise.

almost all lobsters bought by Carnival are Rock lobster not maine lobster. A Rock lobster will be tough and sometimes stringy if not cooked properly but I must say for the amount of lobsers they serve on any given cruise I think they do a good job.

Our lobster tail on the Glory was a little salty. I am not picky and did not find it inedible. We ate every bite and enjoyed it. :D

Thanks for the report. A little saly, or salty is not too uncommmon in the mass market. Overwhelmingly salty is out of control. I have eaten alot of lobster in my day and know sweet from salty to out of control... Looks like it may be isolated to a West Coast Supplier or Paradise specific issue.

my nephew said America is really bad about advertising something one way and giving another. In Japan he said they have a picture on the menu or in the window and that is EXACTLY how you get it. He said his wife (Japanese) was amazed that restaurants get away with the misrepresentation.

Too bad they don't bring it to your table looking like the commercial sometime.

Linda

Linda,

Do you work for Carnival or something?

Linda,

Do you work for Carnival or something?

No. I am a house wife. I was talking about all restaurants. When did you ever get a burger that looked like it did on tv? They show dishes with around 20 shrimp on it comes with 5 to 10. Same with TV dinners. Take a look next time.

Linda

Just drop all Salty Lobster over on table 129, thats my table, I will be happy to offload them off your plate :D

Just bring me extra butter.

Fred

Hey Fred,

The tail they were serving would have raised your blood pressure to the point of cardiac arrest right at the table....

I see no problem with extra butter though :)

The lobster served by Carnival is usually good for what it is. But it is frozen tropical lobster tails and they are broiled. In the space of a minute, they can go from undercooked to good to tough and dry. But even if served at their perfect time, they cannot be compared with fresh live Maine lobster. They are just two different foods with part of the same name. Its like comparing steak with squid. too different for comparison. To me the cruise lobster is always a little tough, stringy, and iodiney but Barb likes them. So I order surf n turf and give her the lobster since she would never order two.

Never heard the too salty complaint tho.

Dan

Just drop all Salty Lobster over on table 129, thats my table, I will be happy to offload them off your plate :D

Just bring me extra butter.

Fred

Make sure you drop off all your extra "Escargots" at Fred's table...He just loves them......;)

NCL was the best for me.....superb....JMO...scrum de le yum!

Now (Carnival) I tend to order the prime rib AND the lobster.....how can you freak up prime rib....I dont know if its the novelty of having "lobster" wooooooooo or actually knowing how the taste and texture should be.....if its not good to your liking dont be shy and send it back! It really should be to your liking!

Glory mid June. Lobster sucked enough that I felt justified in asking for a steak. It was overcooked.

what's really sad is that was the only night I dinned in the dinning room that they got my order right.

10 of us on 6/4 Imagination. 8 ordered lobster and 6 were VERY salt, mine included. It was so salty that is was not edible. 2 said that there's were perfect. I did notice that it was a problem foir several tables.

That's how bad the salt level was on ours...

Archived