Carnival's SUPER Salty Lobster

eponym

The last time I had lobster in the diningroom it's was inedible. Cooked wrong and just didn,t taste right. Sent it back and was bought another....one taste and pushed it aside. Asked to have the prime rib brought instead.

I was looking at the menus for my next cruise and I will have something different.

"VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LOBSTER"......:mad:

I'm going with the "supreme on LI duck and try a piece of Lobster on the side.....

Which ship, which embark port?

I have never had a tough or salty "chicken of the Sea". only mild negative observation being..it was not steaming hot, but warm..not enuff to send for another instead. But have in 21 cruises, eaten my "seawomans share"..Dont care for the rice side on the plate with it tho..I've lived on the Florida over 50 years, and relish any seafood. The only real complain I ever had was CCL's introduction of parsley mint foam on the escargot..eeeyuk..Chef Schneider/Holiday changed that one..he said yucky too!

Never had good lobster on a cruise. The lobster they serve is frozen and is a rock lobster or warm water lobster. Last Friday I spent $27.00 for a fresh 3lb Maine lobster (price was a little high because I bought it at the store and not off the boat). The only problem with the lobster was there was no leftovers.

Too "blah" to even be too salty, on my first cruise on the Miracle. Maybe that's just how lobster is; I was too disappointed, though, to try it again on the Legend.

xoxo

Maggi

Bland or blander would have been fine from the ROCK SALT they have been serving.

• 2 weeks later...
The lobster on the Glory last week was great. Our whole table of 9 each had lobster and they all thought it tasted one of the best we've ever had:D and we don't put salt on any foods.

Good to hear that the Glory and the embark port have it right...

Just off the Victory yesterday..........lobster wasn't salty, instead it was bland........

Thanks for the Victory Lobster report.

I relaize that bland is not fun etiher. However with butter, salt and potentially some other requested spice, you can kick it up into something edible.

There is NO turning back when the lobster is rock salt.

.......So, I am wondering. What has everyones Carnival Lobster experiences been in the past year--please report your ship and the departure point?.......
Had the lobster on the Legend out of Tampa last week and it was fine, nit salty at all.

John

We were on the Elation out of San Diego from June 25 to June 30, 2007. If it weren't for the butter, I would not have taken a second bite. It was not broiled, but boiled to death. Really bad.

The short ribs on the other hand were so good I couldn't believe it. Could have cut them with a fork, very tender.

We were on the Elation out of San Diego from June 25 to June 30, 2007. If it weren't for the butter, I would not have taken a second bite. It was not broiled, but boiled to death. Really bad.

The short ribs on the other hand were so good I couldn't believe it. Could have cut them with a fork, very tender.

Yes the ribs are great. Your lobster did not sound SALTY, but not cooked correctly on Elation San Diego. They definately would have replaced it to have fixed the issue. In the matter of the ROCK SALT LOBSTER we have had, there was not fixing the problem...

Im from Long Island, NY and we pride ourselves on our lobsters. The lobster we had on the Fascination, in May, were Maine lobsters and were just fine. Ship sailed from Miami.

Wow, that is a much different report. Serving MAINE lobsters is top notch. We all wish they would do that on all ships from all ports to eliminate the quality problems!

Archived