places to eat lunch

forevergrowing

Yes, the Pineapple Room at Macy's is highly rated, as well as Roys...but "forevergrowing" was looking for a cheap lunch so we didnt mention it.

I have heard excellent things about both restaurants and probably will try Roys when an anniversary hits....oh! Its on Monday! ;)

Pineapple Room isn't THAT expensive. Entrees in the high teens to low 20s. Appetizers below $10. Actually pretty reasonable considering the quality of the food. Alan Wong's would definitely be more expensive. Roy's is also more on the expensive side but cheaper than Alan's. Not more so than a fancy restaurant in any city.

suebee - congrats on the anniversary! :D

Spleen

The pizza place in the HHV is not a Papa John's, it is a Round Table. Very good. I had dinner there Thanksgiving night. Didn't think I would ever want to eat again after a big lunch, but I did! If you are up for a short walk, there is a food court at the Ala Moana shopping center just up the road. Also, lots of Hawaii restaurants have early bird dinners from 5:00 to 6:00. Using your coupon book might not be the cheapest option for a nice dinner if you don't mind eating early. Right across the street from HHV is a nice Thai place. I think it is called Singha, it is under a restaurant called Todai. I have heard they have a sunset special. The food is quite good and there is nice Thai dancing performed live. Enjoy!

spleen what was the resturant everyone was raving over on the old boards,I think it was in macys? and wasnt there another one that was highly recommended roys

I think you're referring to the Pineapple Room. I know it's in a department store; I just can't remember which one although I know its in my AAA tourbook somewhere around here.

I'm sure Spleen will give you the 411!

• 7 months later...

Hello,

We will also be on the 10/6/05 cruise on the Serenade. We are looking forward to the cruise. When we were in Oahu in February we ate at Duke's, Tanaka's of Japan and Cheeseburger in Paradise. All three places were great!

Did you book the Hilton directly or by using a consolidator?

MinnieCruiser

My choice would be Kaka'ako Kitchen for the reasons described above. Other options include Hackfeld's (in Macy's) and the restaurant in Nieman Marcus (I forget the name but it's not as expensive as you might think). Good salads and sandwiches at Harbor Pub. Not sure if they serve lunch but there's a nice little Italian restaurant on Beachwalk (in Waikiki) called Arancino's.

I'd stay away from Outback, Papa John's, etc. simply because they're all almost exactly the same in Honolulu as they are in Waterloo, Iowa (or wherever) - what's the point of traveling if you're going to eat at home anyway?

Hello,

We will also be on the 10/6/05 cruise on the Serenade. We are looking forward to the cruise. When we were in Oahu in February we ate at Duke's, Tanaka's of Japan and Cheeseburger in Paradise. All three places were great!

Did you book the Hilton directly or by using a consolidator?

MinnieCruiser

And Tanaka's of Tokyo has a coupon in the entertainment book....this thread is old...dont know if I mentioned that before.

Archived