Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

I watch my fats since I do not have a gallbladder. What do u think would happen to me if I tried this system? I have been very tempted and after reading this thread; I want to go out and get some. My doc just tells me to exercise and cutback on food.

Thank goodness for this thread! You've all inspired me with your success that today I went out and got Alli. Like some of you've of tried every diet out there, but I'm so committed to make this work. I honestly think that the threat of possible TE's will keep me on target. Cruising in November and I'd love to be thinner and healthier! I know I can do it!!!

Patty

Dolphinfan,

You have inspired me into trying Alli.:D I am soooo excited to start. For the hundreth time my be more in my life I have started a diet, but this time I am trying to do it in baby steps. Life changes I have come to learn don't happen over night. I started to exercise about 8 weeks ago 4 times a week. My next step is to start watching what goes into my mouth. I think with this new medication might be an answer for me. So a friend and I are going to share a bottle and see if we can have the same results as you. Keep up the good work. My cruise is not until next March so I have some time to maybe lose 70 lbs. Also my youngest son is getting married in April so I have a double wammie next year. Hopefully this is the answer to me prayers.

Bonnie

Best of luck..I hope it works as well for you and your friend as it has for me. Got on the scale this morning and I'm now down 25 pounds!!!

I have had NO problems with TA's..even to the point where I actually have to take something to make me go. I even broke down and had Popeye's Chicken Saturday and still nothing. I know thats not the norm for everyone, so not recommending you do that! I'm actually going to go on the Alli board and ask a nurse.

I watch my fats since I do not have a gallbladder. What do u think would happen to me if I tried this system? I have been very tempted and after reading this thread; I want to go out and get some. My doc just tells me to exercise and cutback on food.

I do not have a Gall Bladder myself and have had no problems whats so ever!

Thank goodness for this thread! You've all inspired me with your success that today I went out and got Alli. Like some of you've of tried every diet out there, but I'm so committed to make this work. I honestly think that the threat of possible TE's will keep me on target. Cruising in November and I'd love to be thinner and healthier! I know I can do it!!!

Patty

Patty..I wish you great success!! Let us know how it is working for you!!!

I'm scared to death of the TE but I'm going to give it a try anyway. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I think everyones experience will be different. I already have problems in that area and thought the Alli would at least make me regular..I still have to take my Phillips each night (even after splurging on Popeye's Fried Chicken on Saturday!).

Good luck..I hope it works well for you!!

Hi DolphinFan:

That's amazing that you've lost 25 lbs. We started Alli at the same time and I'm still at the 2 lb. weight loss. I exercise a lot each day and take the pills 3 times a day, watch my fat grams, and I drink a lot of water; so it must be the calories. I thought I was doing a good job watching them, but I guess I'll have to do better. I'm not giving up yet, but I wish I had the success that you've had with Alli. Keep up the good work.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Hi DolphinFan:

That's amazing that you've lost 25 lbs. We started Alli at the same time and I'm still at the 2 lb. weight loss. I exercise a lot each day and take the pills 3 times a day, watch my fat grams, and I drink a lot of water; so it must be the calories. I thought I was doing a good job watching them, but I guess I'll have to do better. I'm not giving up yet, but I wish I had the success that you've had with Alli. Keep up the good work.

Don't give up!!! Alli said I should eat 1800 calories a day, I don't eat any where near that! I eat between 1200-1300 and I don't eat any where near the fat grams I'm allowed (19). I usually average 6-8 per meal.

Hi DolphinFan:

I forgot to tell you one more thing..I joined Sparkpeople (dot com). Its a FREE website and its wonderful! You can go on every day and key in what you eat, it will breakdown the calories, fat, etc. for you. You can also use their menu plan. They even give you a printable shopping list for the week. The site is full of information, menu's, etc. Check it out! There are other sites out there like this, but you have to pay for them..this is totally free!

Comes out to appx. $1.32 a day..I can save that much not drinking 2 sodas a day :-)

Thanks for the quick response, that is not too expensive at all but I guess my concern is more than just the $ amount. :o

Speaking from experience, I have lost A LOT of weight the old fashioned way by excercise and watching what I eat, I have kept it off for over 4 years now. I have a few "vanity" pounds that I wouldn't mind shedding and I have thought about trying Alli BUT my concern is that Yes it will work while I continue to take the pills but common science proves that as soon as you stop taking it, even if you continue everything else exactly the same that extra 50% "alli" weight that you lost WILL be back because the other 25% of the fat will no longer be blocked. I find this as a quick fix but NOT long term. Unless one learns to eat right and excercise to maintain their weight..... it WILL come back as soon as you stop that "fix". I personally don't want to take a pill for the rest of my life....and to keep the weight off with this system that is what it requires!

I am very happy for your success with the "Alli" pill but I worry about long term weight management.

Thanks for the quick response, that is not too expensive at all but I guess my concern is more than just the $ amount. :o

Speaking from experience, I have lost A LOT of weight the old fashioned way by excercise and watching what I eat, I have kept it off for over 4 years now. I have a few "vanity" pounds that I wouldn't mind shedding and I have thought about trying Alli BUT my concern is that Yes it will work while I continue to take the pills but common science proves that as soon as you stop taking it, even if you continue everything else exactly the same that extra 50% "alli" weight that you lost WILL be back because the other 25% of the fat will no longer be blocked. I find this as a quick fix but NOT long term. Unless one learns to eat right and excercise to maintain their weight..... it WILL come back as soon as you stop that "fix". I personally don't want to take a pill for the rest of my life....and to keep the weight off with this system that is what it requires!

I am very happy for your success with the "Alli" pill but I worry about long term weight management.

I totally agree..I do not plan on taking this my entire life. Good eating and regular exercise always works best and I know this. I am using it as that "extra" kick and realize that sooner or later, I and I alone will be responsible for what I put in my mouth and how much exercise I do each week.

I totally agree..I do not plan on taking this my entire life. Good eating and regular exercise always works best and I know this. I am using it as that "extra" kick and realize that sooner or later, I and I alone will be responsible for what I put in my mouth and how much exercise I do each week.

I am SO happy that you have the right state of mind. You really sound like you know the comitment that permenant weight loss takes! I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey!! :)

I am SO happy that you have the right state of mind. You really sound like you know the comitment that permenant weight loss takes! I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey!! :)

Thank you! I have another 50 pounds to go and setting 10 pound goals for myself..a little bit at a time :-)

Hi DolphinFan - Do you take a pill even if you don't meet your fat requirement for that meal?

Your doing great with your weight loss - your an inspiration with your success and your positive attitude!

Patty

Hi DolphinFan - Do you take a pill even if you don't meet your fat requirement for that meal?

Your doing great with your weight loss - your an inspiration with your success and your positive attitude!

Patty

I always take it with Lunch & Dinner (even if the fat grams are as low as 5)..I sometimes skip my pill for breakfast as my fat grams for that meal is usually only 2..if I decide to have a piece of toast or something with my High Fiber Cereal and banana, then I do take it.

Hello. I have a couple of questions about the side effects of Alli. I am wondering how long each pill stays in your system. I don't want to have any problems when I fly to Miami for our cruise. I have a little problem with Irritable Bowel already and it seems to be under control now. I get very nervous about flying anyway. Do I need to go off the pills several days in advance or does it seem to work one pill at a time. (hope this makes sense) I appreciate any advise you can give me about this.

Hello. I have a couple of questions about the side effects of Alli. I am wondering how long each pill stays in your system. I don't want to have any problems when I fly to Miami for our cruise. I have a little problem with Irritable Bowel already and it seems to be under control now. I get very nervous about flying anyway. Do I need to go off the pills several days in advance or does it seem to work one pill at a time. (hope this makes sense) I appreciate any advise you can give me about this.

I'm really not sure how long it lasts in your body..they tell you to take it an hour before or an hour after eating. I know when I go on my cruise, I plan to stop taking it all together a few days before (just incase). Since I have NEVER had any problems taking it (I have the opposite problem most times), I really can't advise you. You can go to myalli (dotcom) and they have registered nurses where you can ask questions. I hope this helps!!

Thanks Dolphinfan! I'm going to the site now! Keep up the good work. I was on W.W. and lost about 50 lbs but, got tired of counting points and just didn't want to think about food all the time! Gave myself a 'break' but, unfortunately, I'm gaining again. I think if I have the fear of the side effects, I would be more likely to watch my fats! It's wayyyyy too easy to just say "oh, I'll start tomorrow". I'll let you know if I end up going out later tonight to purchase the Alli. :)

So, I went out and purchased my starter pack of Alli. I took one pill before dinner which was boneless, skinless chicken breast and a nice salad with fat free dressing. Felt good to have a low fat meal for a change! Anyway, after dinner I registered with myalli and read a bunch of the Q & A's about the pill. Well, now I am SOOOOO paranoid to continue taking them! I thought that if I started on a Saturday evening, I'd be fine if I had any side effects before work on Monday. ?? Now, I read that may take 24-48 hours to have any 'problems'. UGH.... am I just too paranoid? I have a dr's appt early Monday am and have to work from 2-8 on clients all day. (I'm a hairstylist) and I'm picturing the worst. Although, I plan on having very little fats and following the program closely. Any advice out there to help keep me on these?? I really want this to work!

Maybe I should try this when I have a few more days to stay home. ?? I think having Irritable Bowel for so long and finally getting that under control makes me leary on change.

So, I went out and purchased my starter pack of Alli. I took one pill before dinner which was boneless, skinless chicken breast and a nice salad with fat free dressing. Felt good to have a low fat meal for a change! Anyway, after dinner I registered with myalli and read a bunch of the Q & A's about the pill. Well, now I am SOOOOO paranoid to continue taking them! I thought that if I started on a Saturday evening, I'd be fine if I had any side effects before work on Monday. ?? Now, I read that may take 24-48 hours to have any 'problems'. UGH.... am I just too paranoid? I have a dr's appt early Monday am and have to work from 2-8 on clients all day. (I'm a hairstylist) and I'm picturing the worst. Although, I plan on having very little fats and following the program closely. Any advice out there to help keep me on these?? I really want this to work!

Maybe I should try this when I have a few more days to stay home. ?? I think having Irritable Bowel for so long and finally getting that under control makes me leary on change.

I think as long as you keep your fat to a minimum, you should be ok. I ate Popeyes one night and didn't have any problem, but everyone is different. Even though they allow me 19 grams a fat per meal, I usually never go over 10 (which by the way for WW is ALOT)!

I hope everything works ok for you..keep in touch!

Archived