Any Ideas for Tall Passenger?

I have a friend that is 6'10" - he and family would like to cruise to Alaska - for a start - any cruise line you would recommend. He is obviously worried about size of bed and shower for a start.

I am "only" 6'5 but I do have experience with bed and shower issues. The answer is simple: the beds will be too short ( like every bed I've ever slept in anywhere anywhere in the world). As for the shower issue: Tell him to duck his head! The water will hit him somewhere in the chest or below. Don't let him worry about this though. At 6'10 he's used to these minor problems so it's not going to be any more of an inconvience than if he stayed at a Hyatt or any other hotel. He'll love the cruise.

I have a friend that is 6'10" - he and family would like to cruise to Alaska - for a start - any cruise line you would recommend. He is obviously worried about size of bed and shower for a start.

Another option would be to shower in the changing room at the fitness center. The showers are much larger compared to stateroom.

Back to the door frame. Some doors have those folding arms, near the top, that help keep the door open... Beware of them... they will be too low. Coping with the shower and bed are not too different than at home. The top of your head is in the most danger, wearing a ball cap might help soften the inevitable. (Not into the dining room!!)

On a cruise a couple of years ago we met a guy who was very tall and he said that they provided him with a bed extension. Now sure which line it was on.

The best solution is to contact the individual cruise lines, although my guess is that they are pretty much the same.

Yes, cut off some of that height and send it to me! I'm 5'2"

Call RCI and ask about bed extensions. Dont' give up if someone does not know. Sometimes the people on the phone don't have a clue. Not their fault, they can't know everything.

Archived