orca enterprises timing

united4ever

We booked with orca for tomorrow and despite emails and phone calls have had no confirmation but we have been charged on our credit card. As we are now on the ship can anyone tell me where orca actually picks up in Juneau so that we can at least be in the right place and if we are on the 9am tour will the pick up time be that or earlier. thanks for any help

over at the tram station...look across the street and up. you will see a big black & white orca hanging there. that's their office. 2nd floor above the t-shirt shop. you need to check in there and sign the credit slip.

I'm sure you will be fine. As Toyz711 said it is a short walk - across from the tram - a dark brown row of offices - two story - as you face the building it is on the 2nd floor toward the right.

We had a 9:00 AM trip with Capt Larry last week. We were told to be at their office by 8:45. I stressed about finding it but it was very eary. Like others have said, across from the tram and up the stair. We left. Capt Larry's a bit after 9 and then drove in vans to the boat.

It was lots of fun and the folks on the boat are very friendly and knowledgable. Capt. Larry drove our boat and Sean and Jim (I think that was his name) did the talking and explaining.

In all honest I was not impressed with Orca. It was just OK. The boat was crowded, too many kids and the boats glass was not near as clean or good for viewing as Allen Marine that we have done twice before thru HAL. Not to mention that the snacks were also lousy. It has nothing to do with sightings of whales because that is not predictable. They kept comparing themselves to other boats out there that may have been excursions from RCL or Princess that did hold far more people and yet that would not have been fun but I guess to compare them to our previous thru HAL Allen Marine and HAL was far superior, we had a 3:30 sailing of which we checked in at 2:00. They told us not to come back till 3:30. Luckily we did come back at 3:00 because the girl made a mistake. Then they were talking about holding up our excursion because they had some people that were arriving on a late arriving ship. It was now almost 3:30 and they were telling us they were going to wait till the ship that was just docking that those passengers arrived. Myself and a few others were a bit upset because our ships would be leaving at 7 and we needed to be back by 6:30. If we were to have waited till these people got off the ship for a non ship sponsered excursion we could have waited another hour. Luckily we did not wait. Like I said this boat was over crowded with way too many kids. I understand the kids are about like the whales you never know for sure but let's just say I would not do again.

Lisa, thanks for posting your cruise pictures. I have been following your daily briefs on the HAL board. Really enjoyed hearing all the details. The Noordam looks like a beautiful ship.

Lisa, thanks for posting your cruise pictures. I have been following your daily briefs on the HAL board. Really enjoyed hearing all the details. The Noordam looks like a beautiful ship.

Thanks :) The Noordam really was a beautiful ship and if the prices drop any time soon we may actually go back and repeat the same cruise in September. We are scheduled for a repo cruise in October and final payment is not due for a month but if in the next few weeks the September 8th Noordam or Oosterdam cruise takes a good drop in prices we may switch. I would love to go back to the Noordam.

I am working on my Web Shots each evening (I am at work now) and hope to have them all uploaded by Thursday and comments typed on each picture.

Archived