Holiday, Mobile Park and Ride

jdhw

Are there any hotels in the Mobile area that allow you to leave your car parked and shuttle you to the ship?

yeppers..The Admiral Semmes Raddison..$25 for the 5 days..plus free to/from shuttle..you dont have to be a guest.. Rate is/was $149= double..breakfast, park and shuttle. I stay at HoJo 7 miles west..get my park pass the day b4, show up early, drop bags..have breakfast..yummm..and take a coffee to the lobby n wait for the first shuttle..life is good

When we stayed at the Radisson Admiral Semmes, the rate was about $119 including the parking as part of the package. Unfortunately, I cannot reccomend this hotel - too many problems to list here, though others have had a better experience. For Mobile, or any other port or city, try parksleepfly dot com - a great resource.

The convenience of parking in the cruise terminal, which is only moments away from the passenger checkin area, is well worth the extra 25 or 30 bucks to park there IMHO. Park & ride could take an hour or more of your time vs parking at the pier.

Last November we left our car under the I-10 bridge right by the port and walked our luggage right up to the pier. It was about a 1 block walk if that. There is a gravel area under the viaduct that has room for lots of vehicles. There were probably 50-75 vehilces parked there with us. The best part about it was it was free!!!!!

Last November we left our car under the I-10 bridge right by the port and walked our luggage right up to the pier. It was about a 1 block walk if that. There is a gravel area under the viaduct that has room for lots of vehicles. There were probably 50-75 vehilces parked there with us. The best part about it was it was free!!!!!

Can you describe this area in more detail? As I recall, there are a few areas under I-10. Are there any signs? How do I know if I am in the right place?

Can you describe this area in more detail? As I recall, there are a few areas under I-10. Are there any signs? How do I know if I am in the right place?

Easier to show you a picture. The area you are refering to is under the off ramps right across the street from the terminal parking garage. Evidently you will find many cars parking there. Keep in mind there is NO security for that area and no guarantee of your car being in pristine condition on your return. With that said, many on these boards have parked there without a problem.

7507.jpg

insurance (parking at Adm Semmes)rather than leaving my nice car in an unttended, non fenced in, right off the interstate area, where no other business goes on other than port days. While Mobiles finest does a drive by on their usual rounds, they dont monitor it particularly.so no one would notice a person around all the cars parked there...come to think of it..I need to get new tires:eek:

insurance (parking at Adm Semmes)rather than leaving my nice car in an unttended, non fenced in, right off the interstate area, where no other business goes on other than port days. While Mobiles finest does a drive by on their usual rounds, they dont monitor it particularly.so no one would notice a person around all the cars parked there...come to think of it..I need to get new tires:eek:

When you get back from your cruise and your car is sitting on the ground sans wheels and tires, you may wish you had waited. :D

When you get back from your cruise and your car is sitting on the ground sans wheels and tires, you may wish you had waited. :D

uh=uhmmm I park at Admrl Semmes..I know where I could GET new tires..as the po-lice wont be watching me with my portable kneumatic wrench..re read my op)....Noooow do ya get it????

:confused:

When we stayed at the Radisson Admiral Semmes, the rate was about $119 including the parking as part of the package. Unfortunately, I cannot reccomend this hotel - too many problems to list here, though others have had a better experience. QUOTE]

YOU say too many problems to list, but if you could share some of those you experienced, CC readers can determine if they are chronic or correctable, universal or unique to you.

YES, other Reviewers have been more kind to the Admiral Semmes for one pre-night cruise stay & parking package.

Thanks for sharing your opinion and expanding upon it !

Archived