Rescue at Sea - Crown Princess

billet

Note to self: Chart course of next transatlantic repo cruise. Strand self on sinking fishing boat near onset of cruise. Live it up all the way to the other side for free! :p

ETA: Don't worry, I'll make sure I get stranded with enough formal wear for each scheduled night.

You people are just deeply, deeply scary...........................

"Look - a man drowning! Speed up, he might have a bomb strapped to the leg the shark hasn't eaten yet"!

"If I could just give you a quick full body search sir, then we can get that nasty water out of your lungs and detach that halibut from your genitals. Oh....I see you are attempting to smuggle on board more than 5 cl of liquid sir.........right lads, back over the side.........".

Is it possible for you to understand that it isn't, always, about you? That maybe he was just minding his own business and quietly drowning and not hatching some fiendish plot to hunt you, personally, down and stab you with a squid?

Utterly, utterly bonkers............

:o

You must be a democrat:mad:

never mind.. :o

did not read the article before I posted... I'm still soooo tired from a great cruise!

Crissy

I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself as much as I did on the cruise in June.

I was on the Crown for the rescue in May, in very rough waters! The crew was very brave, and the man was very thankful. We missed our port in Bermuda (I've always wanted to go there, but never had) but it was worth it to save a man's life. During that whole time, I admit I never worried that the man may be a terrorist, I was more worried that he was safe. His boat actually sank about 4 miles out after the rescue. I hope this thought never enters the minds of terrorists.....but I am glad to know there are some practices to keep us safe!

I was on the Crown for the rescue in May, in very rough waters! The crew was very brave, and the man was very thankful. We missed our port in Bermuda (I've always wanted to go there, but never had) but it was worth it to save a man's life. During that whole time, I admit I never worried that the man may be a terrorist, I was more worried that he was safe. His boat actually sank about 4 miles out after the rescue. I hope this thought never enters the minds of terrorists.....but I am glad to know there are some practices to keep us safe!

Apparently, we're Democrats (see above).

:D

It is very, very unlikely that a terrorist would try to get onboard at all. It is far more likely they would fill a small boat with explosives and just point it at the ship whilst it tenders or is docked in any port. That is how it would be appraoched by security, but anyone who gets onboard goes through the same scrutiny, period.

As for security having firearms, this is not true. It is against International Maritime law for merchant seamen to be armed.

It is very, very unlikely that a terrorist would try to get onboard at all. It is far more likely they would fill a small boat with explosives and just point it at the ship whilst it tenders or is docked in any port. That is how it would be appraoched by security, but anyone who gets onboard goes through the same scrutiny, period.

As for security having firearms, this is not true. It is against International Maritime law for merchant seamen to be armed.

Oh great! Another way of them getting in!!

Archived