Los Angeles Cruise Terminal

Keith1010

We will be leaving on a cruise from the Los Angeles Cruise Terminal and was looking for recommendations for a Hotel that is in close proximity of the terminal. Would like one where we can either walk to the terminal or where shuttle transportation is provided.

Thanks,

Keith

The cruise port in San Pedro is in an industrial area and there are really no hotels close by that would reasonably be "walkable". I assume you are referring to this port, not the newer one in Long Beach (Carnival and some Princess only).

The Holiday in in San Pedro advertises some cruise ship special packages:

http://www.holidayinnsanpedro.com/cruise.htm

Several other nearby hotels offer similar packages. Here is a list to get started with:

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/hotlodg.htm

We were very happy with the Sheraton San Pedro when we cruised from LA last spring, and we have already booked it for our January and May cruises.

I guess it all depends upon how much time you plan on spending outside of the hotel. We get there in time for an early dinner and then crash--dreaming of the cruise that will start the next day.

If you stay downtown on Ocean in Long Beach near the convention center, there are a number of nice restaurants and hotels, and it is close to the aquarium if you have time for this. It is about 5 miles by cab from the port in San Pedro.

Thanks to everyone for their response. We've opted to stay at the Westin in Long Beach. Pricelined it (four star) and got it for $77 per night. I am hoping there are better restaurant choices around it and maybe some shopping??? Not too much great summer things here in Washington State.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ports O' Call is in San Pedro, Shoreline Village is in Long Beach. Two separate places. I think they were referring to Shoreline Village in Long Beach, which in my opinion is much favorable over Ports O' Call. Shoreline Village is very nice & safe. Ports O' Call I thought was awful. Not a place I would feel safe hanging out.

• 3 weeks later...

Splinter, I was interesred in your comments about Carnival cruises going out of a new dock other than San Pedro. Is this true? We are sailing on the Carnival Pride on Jan.23rd and wondered where to go and where to stay pre and Post. Could you give us more info and also how to get from LAX to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

We are also sailing on the Carnival Pride in May and could use some information. How far is Long Beach from LAX and is there any type of shuttle? Perhaps we should consider flying into Long Beach?

Thanks for any suggestions and/or information.

Long Beach is about 6 miles further than San Pedro. If you can get a flight into Long Beach airport, you are closer to either port than at LAX (and it is a smaller airport...quicker security, etc.). You can get Super Shuttle from either airport to either port.

Brucenlynn:

You might want to check with Jetblue airline. Looks like they have a direct flight from Ft Lauderdale to Long Beach. We're flying Jetblue from Dulles in DC this Sunday direct to Long Beach and got a really good price.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! We are cruising from San Pedro on March 6, returning on March 13. We plan to spend the night of the 13th in LA, probably near LAX where our return flight leaves on the 14th. Does anyone know of a rental car company that picks up at the pier in San Pedro? The 13th is a Sunday so most downtown agencies are closed. Someone is really missing a great business opportunity.

There is an Enterprise desk in the Sheraton/San Pedro, very close to the pier. The number I have for them is 310-548-8060. I haven't used them yet, not cruising until April 2005 but I have heard that you can walk over to the hotel from the pier.....at least one person from your party, the others can stay with the luggage at the pier.

Another rental car agency, Budget, is located about 5 miles from the pier in Long Beach at 249 East Ocean Blvd.

I will also be sailing from LA (not till October but I am one of those pre-planners ). Does anyone know which port the Island Princess sails from? I will be flying into LAX, how much will a cab cost to Long beach area?

Thanks.

I will also be sailing from LA (not till October but I am one of those pre-planners ). Does anyone know which port the Island Princess sails from? I will be flying into LAX, how much will a cab cost to Long beach area?

Thanks.

I think you can get really inexpensive hotels through Priceline.com for airport hotels, of course depending on your dates. I did a booking for my aunt once (I'm not a TA) at the Hilton LAX Hotel for $40/night. She then took a taxi to the port the next day. I think the cab fare (LAX-San Pedro)is between $25-$40 depending on traffic. The airport hotels all offer free shuttle service between airport and these hotels. I believe LAX-Long Beach is $5-$10 more depending on traffic.

If you stay at the airport hotels, you can go to Manhattan Beach at night for some beach fun and good food. Manhattan Beach is a very nice town and has trendy shops and restaurants. A starter house there starts at $1 million, so affluence is obvious.

HTH.

Archived