shore excursions western Carribbean

Thanks for your word of caution! Can you tell me when you went on the your cruise and that others told you the wated was very high at the cave tubing. We are going at the end of July.

Thanks,

Maria

It was in '05. We talked to a couple on the tender back to the ship that did not get to do their cavetubing excursion at all, their guides told them the river was too high, so they ended up having to stay in Belize City all day waiting to be refunded :confused: I don't know who they booked with and can't remember all the details. Then we talked to others on the ship who were with the group that had the rough ride down the river and a couple of people on their group were flipped out of their tubes and a couple of them got separated and one ended up being in the caves tumped over but they were fine, just shaken up. I don't know why they allowed them on, since other tours were being canceled. Just be careful, many people take this excursion and have a blast and have no problems at all. My dh would not stop talking about it and wanted to do this so badly and I kept hesitating and finally said no (I'm sort of a chicken when it comes to things like that;) ), I was really glad I did! We ended up having a blast on Caye Caulker :) We booked through Coral Breeze excursions.

DW and I did Cozumel and we decided to splurge. At the time, it was probably the most expensive excursion we did on a cruise. I decided to contact dolphindiscovery.com myself and after looking over the web-site, we decided to splurge and get the Royal Swim. We saw others there from our cruise on the shore excursion and have to say that we paid slightly more than them, but got a significantly better excursion. It was well worth the extra money. For us, this was a once in a lifetime thing and we went all out. We also purchased the photo and the video of us riding the dolphins and they are still some of our best memories from that vacation.

If you are willing to splurge, I think the Royal Dolphin Swim at Cozumel's Chakanaab Park was well worth the extra money.

montrealmaria, here is the website....

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/

We took the first catamaran that is listed (the buccaneer). There are 3 stops (one with stingrays and two snorkeling). On our 2nd stop we swam with a 5 foot shark. Ok, it was a nurse shark and that would be the ONLY reason I got in the water. http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/

Just in case you wanted these other sites too. All 3 are run by Island Marketing LTD. Have not heard one negative comment about any of these and believe me I did A LOT of research before I booked.

Hi Thanks for your response. Do you remember the names of your guide?

Thanks,

Maria

The name of the guide was Jimmy. He was so funny. He had my kids laughing the whole time in the caves and on the bus. He even carried a little boy part of the way there when he got tired. It was one of my kids favorite excursions.

Hi Thanks for your response. Do you remember the names of your guide?

Thanks,

Maria

Hi again, I went to the site http://www.cavetubing.com but it is incorrect.

Can you please check for me the website address or the names of your guides so I can try to trace them Could they have been Vitale or Vitalino, or Yohnni or Dennis?

Thanks,

Maria

montrealmaria, here is the website....

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/

We took the first catamaran that is listed (the buccaneer). There are 3 stops (one with stingrays and two snorkeling). On our 2nd stop we swam with a 5 foot shark. Ok, it was a nurse shark and that would be the ONLY reason I got in the water. http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/

Just in case you wanted these other sites too. All 3 are run by Island Marketing LTD. Have not heard one negative comment about any of these and believe me I did A LOT of research before I booked.

Thank you SOOOOOO much!!!

Maria

The name of the guide was Jimmy. He was so funny. He had my kids laughing the whole time in the caves and on the bus. He even carried a little boy part of the way there when he got tired. It was one of my kids favorite excursions.

Hi,

You have given me good reason to book with Jimmy. I just have one problem,

cavetubing.com is the wrong address. Can you help me with what is the correct one! there are many similar address like cavetubing.bz and cave-tubing.com and many more! I would like to get the one you went with Jimmy but I am having a hard time finding him!!!

Thanks AGAIN!!

Maria

Anyone know which cave tubing is the one with the bats in the cave and the one that is very safe for kids.....and they give you headlamps to wear......is it the belizecavetubing (dot) net or cave-tubing (dot) com?

Hi,

I am interested in what response you got for you message of belizecavtubing.net or

cave-tubing.com

I too am going with 3 boys and would like to surely go with a VERY safe one!!

Do you know if the water is very high is July at the river. Some say not to go when the water is high, but how do I find out if that is the case? Thanks, Maria

I am still unsure which is better. People have mentioned cave-tubing (dot) com being good and calm.....oh when going to web address be sure to use the hyphen!!! I am still doing research myself. I am positive that there is one that is very safe and I think its the one I just mentioned but I will keep up the research to be sure.

Here's the correct link you needed: http://www.cave-tubing.com/

(the dash was missing).

Our group of 11, ages 14-70, went just last week, on 6/19/07. Yhony and Richard assured our safety and fun. They worked so hard and gave us a wonderful trip. :)

Richard must've carried about 6 tubes through the trek portion; he simply helped out at the immediate onset when he saw someone wasn't comfortable carrying their own tube. Yhony stayed back w/my in-laws to insure they were OK as they walked. I think they did great!

People have mentioned the cool water. I found the water to be extremely refreshing and wonderful. (consider this was June)

Yhony and Richard linked our party up in groups, our feet tucked under the armpits of the person in front of us, and we never came undone. We did 2 caves and never got out of our tubes 'til the end of the course. We saw other groups meandering, looking slightly frustrated, even having to get up out of their tubes when the water was shallow (outside the cave area). We were being pulled by our capable and experienced guides and were told when to put, "butts up!" so we wouldn't get touched by the rocks. Worked like a charm! We were aided by at least 4 more other guides to help pull us along; these guys really have it down.I heard a different party member, taking the cruise ship's excursion, say something like, "that's why they're moving along...they're being pulled!" We kinda felt spoiled, but grateful.

Before the cave-tubing, we did a side trip to experience some ATV riding. This was the first time I ever rode one--it was fun! I let my 16 yr. old drive as I sat behind her, so I got to enjoy the lush greenery of the rainforest around me.

bottom line: I liked how these guys from cave-tubing.com operated. They were effective and gave us a fun time, as well as kept us safe. They knew to get us back in a timely manner so we could board the ship, so our minds were eased with that, too.

Have a great trip!

Hi,

You have given me good reason to book with Jimmy. I just have one problem,

cavetubing.com is the wrong address. Can you help me with what is the correct one! there are many similar address like cavetubing.bz and cave-tubing.com and many more! I would like to get the one you went with Jimmy but I am having a hard time finding him!!!

Thanks AGAIN!!

Maria

Sorry Maria I forgot the hypen. It's cave-tubing.com. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good luck, let us know how you make out. Have a good time.

Rum Point Beach. Hop a cab, it's kid friendly and beautiful. Pictures in my signature below.

Which port of call is Rum Point Beach located at? Your photos are AWESOME.

We are sailing Western in Sept on Glory and I want to pursue Rum Point Beach it looks gorgeous.

Thanks. Susan

People have mentioned the cool water. I found the water to be extremely refreshing and wonderful. (consider this was June)

Yhony and Richard linked our party up in groups, our feet tucked under the armpits of the person in front of us, and we never came undone. We did 2 caves and never got out of our tubes 'til the end of the course. We saw other groups meandering, looking slightly frustrated, even having to get up out of their tubes when the water was shallow (outside the cave area). We were being pulled by our capable and experienced guides and were told when to put, "butts up!" so we wouldn't get touched by the rocks. Worked like a charm! We were aided by at least 4 more other guides to help pull us along; these guys really have it down.I heard a different party member, taking the cruise ship's excursion, say something like, "that's why they're moving along...they're being pulled!" We kinda felt spoiled, but grateful.

I bet you saw my husband and I walking down the shore that day. We were some of the unfortunate ones that didn't have the VIP treatment. LOL. I would definately not do the Carnival, big group, tour for cave tubing. We only ended up doing it because the excursion we had planned and had signed up for 6 months in advance got cancelled so we had to make a quick last minute decision. Not good!!! I guess I know now to always have a back-up plan.

Thanks for your advise.

How did you book the stingray excursion with Captin Byron? Do you have an e-mail address or web site so I can contact them?

Thanks so much!!!

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/ The first one listed is the one we took. Catamaran Buccaneer with 3 stops. The captain of the sailboat even let my children steer the boat on the way back. They loved it.

I also recommend the buccaneer at www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com We've done it a few times and been very happy. It's very affordable and the people are GREAT!

I've read alot of nice things about cave-tubing.com and I think we are going to try it this time around. I'm just a little freaked out with the feet in the armpits part but it beats getting stuck/lost/tipped over. I'm just not a foot person lol!

A really neat excursion we did in cozumel (actually it takes place in playa del carmen but they transport you there from coz...was the jeep and 4X4 with beach combo (through carnival). The guides were really cool and the caves were awesome. After the cave swimming you go to a nice beach and they have lunch waiting. You have time to hang out on the beach and massage tents right there too. Then it's back to town for a little bit of shopping before getting on the tender back to the ship. Very cool experience. I believe it's about $90 per person. More than I like to pay but well worth the experience.

Hi, we are going on CarnivalCruise the Legend at the end of July. We have 3 boys aged 16,14 and 11.

I wanted some reviews on the following excursions that we plan to do. I am planning to not book with the ship and do it on my own. The following is the tours I am booking. I wanted some feedback if anyone has done any of these and what there experience was.

1. Cozumel - Royal swim (I am booking with the Chankanaab National Park)

2. Belize - Cave Tubing with Vitalino (www.cavetubing.bz)

3. Grand Cayman- Snorkeling with the stingrays with Mark from Moby Dick Tours

4. Costa Maya- visit the Chacchoben Ruins with www.thenativechoice.com for half a day and then spend a little time on the beach.

That's it! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Maria

I can only comment on Grand Cayman as that is the only one I've been to....untill the 8th aways (me & my husband are honeymooning on the Valor). My best friend went to med school in GC so I have stayed there three times (1 mo., 3 wks & 2 wks). It's my favorite place on Earth and I enjoyed EVERY min. of EVERY day there! Stingray City is the most amazing place :) I have been literally about 100 times....most days I would go twice! They're beautiful creatures....just pull away quickly if they "bite" (it doesn't hurt but will leave a love mark) I recommend Soto's Cruises....they ROCK!

I bet you saw my husband and I walking down the shore that day. We were some of the unfortunate ones that didn't have the VIP treatment. LOL. I would definately not do the Carnival, big group, tour for cave tubing. We only ended up doing it because the excursion we had planned and had signed up for 6 months in advance got cancelled so we had to make a quick last minute decision. Not good!!! I guess I know now to always have a back-up plan.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

You mention:

"We only ended up doing it because the excursion we had planned and had signed up for 6 months in advance got cancelled so we had to make a quick last minute decision. Not good!!! I guess I know now to always have a back-up plan."

Can you tell me why the excursion was cancelled. Was it the ship cancelling or was it someone that you had booked independently that cancelled?

I am doing most of my booking independently so I am always concerned that they will cancel and I will be left scrambbling!!!

Thanks,

Maria

I am still unsure which is better. People have mentioned cave-tubing (dot) com being good and calm.....oh when going to web address be sure to use the hyphen!!! I am still doing research myself. I am positive that there is one that is very safe and I think its the one I just mentioned but I will keep up the research to be sure.

Hi again,

Please let me know your results when you find the REALLY safe one!

I am reseaching too so I will let you know if I find something!!!

Maria

Thanks,

But can you help, cavetubing.com is not th correct address. Can you double check for me!!!! I really want to go with this operator!

Maria

Hi again, when you find out which operator for the cave tubing is safer, PLEASE share it with me!!! I will be greatly appreciated!

Maria

Which port of call is Rum Point Beach located at? Your photos are AWESOME.

We are sailing Western in Sept on Glory and I want to pursue Rum Point Beach it looks gorgeous.

Thanks. Susan

Hi, I too would like to know where Port of Call Rum Reach is at.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Maria

Hi!

Thanks for your response!

Can you tell me who you used to visit the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins. If you have there e-mail or web address it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Maria

Hi again,

I am finalizing my excursions by any chance do you remember who you used to visit the ruins in Costa Maya. Your help has been great! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Maria

Here's the correct link you needed: http://www.cave-tubing.com/

(the dash was missing).

Our group of 11, ages 14-70, went just last week, on 6/19/07. Yhony and Richard assured our safety and fun. They worked so hard and gave us a wonderful trip. :)

Richard must've carried about 6 tubes through the trek portion; he simply helped out at the immediate onset when he saw someone wasn't comfortable carrying their own tube. Yhony stayed back w/my in-laws to insure they were OK as they walked. I think they did great!

Before the cave-tubing, we did a side trip to experience some ATV riding. This was the first time I ever rode one--it was fun! I let my 16 yr. old drive as I sat behind her, so I got to enjoy the lush greenery of the rainforest around me.

bottom line: I liked how these guys from cave-tubing.com operated. They were effective and gave us a fun time, as well as kept us safe. They knew to get us back in a timely manner so we could board the ship, so our minds were eased with that, too.

Have a great trip!

I do want to say first that we have not done this yet but plan to in August. This above review is one of so many that I have read about cave-tubing.com. I honestly have not found a bad review. This is why we chose to go with Yhony. And the above website address is correct too. Dont forget the dash! Do a search of cave tubing with Yhony on these forums and you will surely find alot. You dont pay for this excursion until you are finished. I emailed Yhony the other day with our reservation and he emailed right back. They have two times of pick up 9:15 and 10:00. They WILL wait for you. (they will have a sign with your name on it) And Yhony says they get you back around 2:30...so that's plenty of time.

Have fun and good luck!

Thanks,

But can you help, cavetubing.com is not th correct address. Can you double check for me!!!! I really want to go with this operator!

Maria

Sorry Maria I forgot the hypen. It's cave-tubing.com. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good luck, let us know how you make out. Have a good time.

Hi, I too would like to know where Port of Call Rum Reach is at.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Maria

Rum Point is located on Grand Cayman. If you look at the following map it is located at #128 (click on that and it will enlarge):

http://maps.caymanlandinfo.ky/imagemapfiles/gcindex.htm

It would be pretty expensive to take a taxi so the best bet is to rent a car or do an excursion that goes there like the Nativeway Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour.

John

Archived