shore excursions western Carribbean

Which port of call is Rum Point Beach located at? Your photos are AWESOME.

We are sailing Western in Sept on Glory and I want to pursue Rum Point Beach it looks gorgeous.

Thanks. Susan

Haven't been paying attention. LOL

Rum Point is in Grand Cayman. It was BEAUTIFUL. It's kind of a haul from the pier, so you must hop a cab. The food and drinks were AWESOME, but PRICEY ($20 US for 5 golfball-sized conch fritters, a small side salad and a strawberry daiquiri :eek: ). The snorkeling was really good (the water was crystal clear)...even saw (OK, was scared to death because it chased me, LOL) a stingray. They rent gear there for pretty cheap (I want to say like $10...we brought our own, but friends rented).

Hi!

Thanks for your response!

Can you tell me who you used to visit the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins. If you have there e-mail or web address it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Maria

We signed up for Chacchoben the minute we got on the ship -- and it was a WONDERFUL tour!!!! Loved every minute of it .... Luis was our tourguide; he has been involved with the excavation of the ruins from the beginning ... very knowledgeable, and very personable! VERY well worth it!

I bet you saw my husband and I walking down the shore that day. We were some of the unfortunate ones that didn't have the VIP treatment. LOL. I would definately not do the Carnival, big group, tour for cave tubing. We only ended up doing it because the excursion we had planned and had signed up for 6 months in advance got cancelled so we had to make a quick last minute decision. Not good!!! I guess I know now to always have a back-up plan.

Sorry to hear your original plans got cancelled, 2bboatgal!

Hope it didn't dampen the rest of your week.

Anyone know which cave tubing is the one with the bats in the cave and the one that is very safe for kids.....and they give you headlamps to wear......is it the belizecavetubing (dot) net or cave-tubing (dot) com?

All the caves are likely to bats. I haven't heard of any company that doesn't give you a headlight. Check the batteries. Ours went out in the deepest, darkest cave ever! Cave tubing is a blast and the water is NOT too cold!

Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

You mention:

"We only ended up doing it because the excursion we had planned and had signed up for 6 months in advance got cancelled so we had to make a quick last minute decision. Not good!!! I guess I know now to always have a back-up plan."

Can you tell me why the excursion was cancelled. Was it the ship cancelling or was it someone that you had booked independently that cancelled?

I am doing most of my booking independently so I am always concerned that they will cancel and I will be left scrambbling!!!

Thanks,

Maria

It was the one excursion on all our ports we did book through Carnival that got cancelled. We were supposed to fly to a private island to play golf and then get to stay on the island and enjoy their resort. It was my husband's Anniversary present and a big reason we had booked this cruise. The island resort decided they were too full that day, so cancelled all the Carnival people. Carnival is definately not happy about it either. They did try and make it up to us, but it was a once in a lifetime thing for us. Always have plan B. We did the beginner scuba in cozumel and costa Maya with private dive companies. If you think you can handle the underwater breathing, definately give it a try. It was amazing!!! Have a great trip.

Lisa

Archived