That Darn Summit Window Washer!

sundiego6

Can someone please tell me if Cabin 8091

has an obstructed view from the window washer

platform. Is that something that is moved alot,

because of washing windows, and left anywhere

they decide to leave it?

Thanks

As a "victim" of the dreaded window washer platform on Summit last September, we know something about it. We were in 8072 and it was between us and 8074. We were told it is in the same place on the other side of the ship. If that is so, than you should be fine.

It does move when they use it to wash windows which is done when the ship is in port. BUT, it comes home to roost at the SAME PLACE when they are done washing windows and it is time for the ship to sail. We originally thought that it would move around and so didn't complain until the second week when it still remained in front of our room. It really isn't a major problem, but X should list the rooms involved as "partially obstructed view".

We had the same problem on infinity. We were lucky and were able to change cabins once we saw what was outside our balcony. It was very rusted and did not appear that it had moved at all since it was built. I could have dealt with it if i knew it would move during our 15 night cruise, but to see that thing for 15 days was not acceptable to us. Cabins that are affected are not listed as obstructed even by calling Celebrity.

WE were in 9099 on the Millennium. The dreaded window washer platform appeared after the first port. It was not there when we sailed away.

After that it was parked the entire cruise.:mad: I thought it was just luck of the draw where the thing landed.:confused:

Definitely if the platform has a regular parking place, those cabins should be listed as obstructed views. It was real annoying. Between this and the noise from above. :eek: YIKES

Generally where are yhese impacted cabins located? Are any of them midships? It would really irk me--we already got stuck once with a small balcony next to a suite where they could look right into our cabin--so want to be very careful before next M class booking...guess we'll pick one we had that was Ok in the past & try for that

Archived