What's the best way to your time?

chefb1

Hi there! This is my first time to ask a question, although I have loved reading all the reviews and comments.

My family of 4 will be on the Adventures of the Seas on July 29 cruising the southern caribbean. Since it is a port intensive cruise, we want to have a few days of activities and a few days of relaxation. My question is what islands would be good to "relax" and what island/excursions are "a must see"?

Also, is there any particular island that has the best shopping?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Tracy

Even though I have never been on that ship, if you post the ports others could offer their opinion.

Also, let us know if you have any must do activities like parasailing, swimming with dolphins, snorkeling, shopping and such.

It will help more if you post your question on the board for the Caribbean. This is the Europe board.

This is actually the "Ask A Cruise Question" board, not Europe. However, you are right that the OP might get more answers on the Caribbean boards.

It will help more if you post your question on the board for the Caribbean. This is the Europe board.

"This is the Europe board." - huh?! :confused:

Tracy - welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

You may get some feedback here, but I'd also suggest you post over on the Caribbean board and perhaps on the Royal Caribbean board too.

I've been to several of the ports you mentioned (St. Maarten and St. Thomas). You said you are traveling with family members - are they children/teens/adults? That could make a difference in suggestions - along with what you enjoy doing - beach, tours, shopping?

I would suggest changing the name of your thread starter from "What's the best way to your time". Make it more specific, like "Southern Caribbean - tour suggestions" - people are more likely to open your thread if they have more information initially. Hope this helps!

St. Lucia is a mountainous green tropical island. It has narrow winding mostly paved roads and is one of the prettiest islands I have been on. We took an island tour with Cosol and thougt it was great. We saw the volcano, gardens ,etc. Took us to a beach between the Pitons that had a snorkel area and a swimming area, tour included beverages and local food. If you plan on shopping both St. Thomas and St. Martin are good. We found the prices on St. Martin to be a little better. All three of these islands offer good beaches but St. Lucia is less commericalized. Have not been to Antigua. This of course is my opinion, others may disagree. Hope this helps. :) Bill

The ports we are going to are: Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Tracy

On Barbados we did a rum pub crawl and saw several really pretty beaches. Next time we'll just go to one of the beaches, so that may be your focus.

St. Lucia is gorgeous. We did a kayak tour and I would recommend skipping that one. It wasn't worth the money.

St. Maarten has many lovely beaches. Apparently the best excursion is the America's Cup Yacht Racing. We've missed that once twice due to weather, but are going to try again this September.

Can't give you any recommendations for St. Thomas as we tend to use that as a ship day.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

This is actually the "Ask A Cruise Question" board, not Europe. However, you are right that the OP might get more answers on the Caribbean boards.

I hope y'all will keep in mind that the OP might have posted on the Europe board and it was moved here. We can see "moved posts", but I've always thought we should be able to see "moved from posts", too :) .

1,Antigua Nelsons dockyard tour was really good with a 2 hour stop at a beach on the way back, done through tour guide on pierside $25 each(not sure about children prices)

2,Barbados, has some good shopping but if you get a taxi or walk over to The Boatyard, this costs $15 entrance which includes a drink, sun lounge, and transport back to the ship, there are inflatables,trampolines and jet ski's etc, they also have a bar ond food here, we thought this was good value. they have their own website so you can look at it in advance to check it out.

3,St Thomas has a lot of tour guides on the edge of the town, most of them will do a tour of the island tailored to suit you, they will take you to the highest point of the island, show you the highlights, and take you to a beach if that is what you want, the shopping here is also good, but you could do that and then do a tour or vice versa.The tour price here is government regulated, and I think about $25

4, St Martin has a nice shopping area which is in front of a nice but not very deep beach, but if you like, in the French side of the island, the town of Marigot is worth a look. There is a very nice beach at oriental bay, but be aware, there are nudist areas here. Also I don't know how old your children are but if they are older, the Rhino Riders tour run by RCCL is really good fun.

Im sorry but I haven't been to St Lucia yet but it's on my to do list.

Archived