Anyone add someone after solo cruise booked?

sponjes

Hi everyone. I have a solo cruise to Italy booked in November on Royal Caribbean. One of my friends has decided to come with me now. Can I just call RC and add my friend to the booking or are there other repercussions I should know about first?

Susan

I one time book a solo cruise and found some one to come with me

a while after. I just call my TA and she was able to change with out

any problem. This was still 5 months away. there was no additinal fees involve. This was with HAL.

I booked in January as a solo, then my sister decided to go with me. This was about two weeks prior to cruise. No problem as all - actually there was a better rate and I got money back! Just called travel agent and they took care of the whole thing. Remember to keep checking to see if there is a price reduction.

Good question to ask here. My friend booked a single cabin and paid the single supplement. When he asked his TA the question about what if someone decides to go with him, he was told that the roommate would also have to pay the higher priced single supplement as well even to share the room. We of course knew that wasn't true (because of these boards and because it didn't make sense). Guess what? He didn't use that TA, used another one and was told by that TA as well as the cruiseline that it would be no problem and each would pay the regular rate. That's why I love these boards - you get great information.

• 2 weeks later...

I added someone to my cabin 2 days before the cruise and only had to pay the extra taxes. I called Royal Caribbean directly as my booking was through them. I had already paid a 200% fee so there was no extra charge other than tax.

One thing to be aware of - Each cruise ship has a limit to the number of passengers they can carry and while you might be alone in your cabin for , you will not be allowed to add them if the total for the ship has reached its quota. Remember that some cabins might have more than 2 people and the numbers can add up.

Good point, Wilde, I was going to add the same thing. Cruise ships are capacity controlled, so if there are a lot of 3rd and 4th passengers in the cabins, the capacity can be used up even if there are empty beds.

Roz

Archived