getting picked up at the ship

sallyb

Are there any independent tour companies that are allowed to pick you up at your ship, or must you tender in to the tourism village or choose one of the ship's excursions?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any independent tour companies that are allowed to pick you up at your ship, or must you tender in to the tourism village or choose one of the ship's excursions?:confused:

I am sorry no one has answered you yet. I really do not know the answer, but I remember reading some where that Carnival and RC do not let private ships pick up/drop off cruisers to their ships, unless its like the ports pilot boats, which are very high to get. I wouldn't chance it, my advice is to take the ships tender then do your own thing. Maybe someone that knows for sure will post. I think this is just a difficult question to answer. Have a great trip..

Chelsea

I too do not know the answer.....but I would think it could be a security risk.......... I have only ever tendered into town and then met private tour operators there.

Also in Belize the ship must anchor way out..... shallow bay. It takes a while to tender in. And boy it was rough the day we were there :eek: Lots of sick people on the tender.

Archived